20. Her decision

Shivaay wasn't able to sleep that night thinking about her decision. Negative thoughts were running in his mind. What if she disagrees? He knows he only said that Anika had the complete right to choose her decision and he is fearing about rejection. Could he handle her rejection? Obviously no.

S: Relax Shivaay! Anika will agree.

He clutched the mangalsutra tightly in his hands. He decided to tie this mangalsutra again in her neck when both of them will go to Oberoi Mansion as husband wife. He promised to himself that if Anika agrees, he would bring entire world to her feet and give her all the happiness and respect that she deserves. He silently prayed to God to let Anika agree to his request.

He thought of talking to Sahil regarding Anika's condition but dropped the thought. He didn't want Sahil to be unnecessarily dragged into this. Its his and Anika's matter and only both of them need to solve the issue. He just waited for the Sun to rise early so that he can go to Anika's home and talk to her. Hope is the only thing that he could do at present.

*****

Anika is standing near the window looking at the moon. She is completely confused on what to do. Should she give a chance to him or ask him to leave her and her life forever. She was feared of future. What if something like the past happens again in future? What if he again comes towards her in middle of night to leave her life again? Though his actions proved her that he will never leave her side but what if such a situation arise?

She jerked out of his thoughts when Sahil knocked room door. She faked a smile and asked him to get in. He placed the food tray on the bed and moved towards her. Holding her hand in his he made her sit on the bed and he settled down next to her.

Sa: You prepared dinner but you didn't come to eat it! And you know mere pet mein chooha running kar rahe hai!

Anika gave a small smile and ruffled his hair. He then carefully placed food in a plate and forwarded a morsel to her. She opened her mouth and he made her eat with his hands. A small tear escaped from her eye and she took the plate and started making him eat.

Sa: Didi, aap bhi hungry ho na! Aap bhi khana khao!

A: Mujhe bhook nahi hai! Bahar ka chat, ice cream itna khaliya na..Tu kha!

Sa: No way didi!

He took the plate and forced her to eat everything. She remembered the small Sahil who used to walk holding her hand. She remembered the first time he walked, the first time he went to school.

Sa: Mere baare mein soch rahi ho didi?

A: Hmm..Pata hi nahi chala mere haath pakad kar chalne wala mera chota bhai aaj mujhe raasta dikha raha hai!

Sa: Won't you help me when I would be in a trouble?

A: I will!

Sa: Then how can you expect that your Sahil won't help you!

A: Bohot samajhdar hogaya tu!

Sa: The world takes time to appreciate talent! Koi baat nahi hai Sahil..Hota hai hota hai!

Both of them laughed. She started to tickle him while he broke into fits of laughter. Seeing this smile on Sahil's face made her happy. This is the only thing that she wished for and for that she could do anything. Later Sahil lied down in Anika's lap and she ran her fingers in his hair.

Sa: I always want this smile on your face didi! And I also know you will smile because of SSO! Aap mano ya na mano, he is the one for you! Do what your heart says!

He closed his eyes and soon slept while Anika is still thinking about Sahil's words. He is right in his place. She remembered how Shivaay asked her for a chance and the honesty in his eyes was visible. She decided what she need to do and kissed Sahil's forehead. She helped him to lie down on the bed properly and she also slept holding her brother's hand.