39. Sharing her pain

Next morning,

Anika stirred in sleep when bright rays of Sun fell on her. She sat on the bed rubbing her eyes and looked for Shivaay. All the nights incidents started to play in her mind. Once again she felt loosing herself. Standing up, she moved towards his room and knocked the door. There was no response and she tried again but in vain. Thinking that he might be using washroom, she moved back but stopped when she heard door bell sound twice.

Reaching downstairs she opened the door but there were none. She looked down and saw a box lying on the floor. There was a note pasted on the lid of box. It stated, for you. Kneeling down, she opened the lid slowly and fell down on the floor with a gasp when she saw a something peeped out from the box. Once she calmed down she understood what was inside it.

A small cute puppy was inside it and Anika went awe looking at it

A small cute puppy was inside it and Anika went awe looking at it. She looked here and there but found none. Slowly taking out the puppy, she caressed its head and moved towards the lawn outside. Puppy barked in its small voice making her smile wider.

Did you like it?

Anika turned back to hear Shivaay's voice. He was standing there with a big smile on his face. She immediately moved towards him.

A: Yeh mere liye hai?

S: Nahi..Khanna ke liye! Of course tumhare liye hai! Pasand aayi?

Anika nodded. Shivaay held her hand and both of them entered inside home with puppy still in Anika's hands. He then made her sit down on the couch and placed the puppy in the box again. Moving towards her, he sat next to her and made her look into his eyes.

A: Thank you! Its so cute!

Anika said while looking at the puppy. Shivaay smiled seeing her happy.

S: How are you feeling now?

A: Theek hoon!

She said and looked down. He took a sigh. Inching close to her, he made her look into his eyes and cupped her face.

S: Ek question poochu?

A: Hmm..

S: Why do you always look down Anika? This is not you! And as far as I know, people who do any mistake and fear to face reality look down. But I am not getting a point that why are you looking down? When there is no fault of yours in this, why are you doing this? My Anika never did a wrong thing.

Anika was silent this time. She chose to avoid this question. Removing his hands from her face, she stood up to move away from him but he held her hand.

S: You can't leave unless you answer this question! Why are trying to run away and from whom? Mujhse ya apne aap se?

A: Please leave me Shivaay. Mujhe nahi batana aap ko kuch bhi.

S: Okay fine. But how will you answer and justify yourself? Will you run away from yourself also?

A: Aap kuch nahi jaante Shivaay. Mujhe apne haal pe chod dijiye!