Chapter 3 - Deciding

Logan walked back in the bar at The Plaza and made his way to the table with Finn, Colin and Robert.  He sat down with a thud and ran his hand through his hair, blowing out a breath.

Finn scowled at him.  "What the hell are you doing, man?  You're playing with fire."

Logan took a long drink of someone's scotch, just stared at all of them, then shrugged his shoulders.  He told them that he had invited Rory to join them the next night.

"Jeez, Logan, do you want to get your heart trampled again?," Colin asked.

Logan didn't know what he was doing, but when he saw her he damned well knew he had to get her back in his life.  "I'll just have to live with the consequences, Colin."

"Okay, man, don't say we didn't warn you," Robert stated.

* * * * * * * * * * * 

When Rory woke up the next morning she had had a restless night.  Thinking about Logan had disturbed her sleep so much, but she was still smiling when she got out of bed and went to the kitchen.  "Good morning, Jess," she said as she reached for a cup of coffee.

"Good morning, Rory.  Your night must have been good,"  Jess said.  "Was the Christmas party a hit?"

Rory was lost in her thoughts and Jess said, "earth to Rory?"  She shook her head slightly and looked at him.

"Yes," she said, "the party was really nice."

"And?"

She smiled at him and told him about running into Finn, Colin and Robert as she was leaving the party.  Jess felt the hair on the back of his neck stand up and looked at Rory.  "So, no Logan, then?"

She looked pointedly at him and said, "Not until I was leaving the bar."  He asked me to meet up with all of the old gang from Yale tonight.

"I hope you're not going, Rory.  You know that wouldn't be a good idea."

"I haven't decided yet."

Jess got up and went to take a shower.

Rory sat, lost in her thoughts, and ran through her mind the conversations with the "daringly dangerous four" last night.  She knew she shouldn't go to the LDB party that night, but she wanted to see what happened.  Plus, she wanted to see all the girls again.  At least, that's what she told herself.

And, she thought, seeing those first snowflakes last night and running into Logan must mean something good was going to happen.  Right?

Jess came out of his room and grabbed his coat.  He looked at Rory and told her he would see her later.