Chapter 25 - Some Fun and Surprises

"Good morning, Logan," I said as I rubbed his back and sat down on the bed with a cup of coffee for him.  "You were really tired, babe.  It's almost 10."

"Oh, Ace, you shouldn't have let me sleep so long."  He reached up caressing my cheek and with a sleepy voice said, "get back in bed, baby.  I miss not waking up with you in my arms."

"No can do babe.  The girls and I are going shopping for a little while," I told him as I bent to give him a kiss.

"Ugh, okay, but listen, what if you call me when you're through shopping.  I want to take you to get some New Orleans' treats.

"Ooh, sure sounds delicious, can't wait.  I'll call.  See you later sexy," I smiled at him as I ruffled his already messy hair.

*******************

The girls and I had a great time shopping together again.  We had discovered some great boutique shops and all of us had some great finds.  Logan was definitely going to like a couple of my purchases.  We discovered a great local restaurant with gumbo.  As we sat down and ordered, I realized I had really missed the friendship of these ladies.

Steph asked, "so, Rory, it seems to be going really good with Logan.  Care to give us any news or updates."

"Oh, there's no news or updates.  We do still have that same spark we had in college.  Logan has been so wonderful and he's been really attentive.  He says he loves me and we're just having fun right now.  There is the London, New York distance thing though.  Hopefully, he's going to be able to change that soon."

They all had smiles on their faces as our drinks arrived.  "What?," I said to the table.

"The same spark, huh?," Rosemary stated.  "Really, Rory, that's pretty obvious.  Just the way you and Logan look at each other or dance together is proof of that.  Plus, Logan hasn't had the same girl on his arm more than once, well, until you showed back up."

Apparently, Logan hadn't had Yvette around any of them but once.  Anyway, I wasn't going to bring that up.  So, I picked up my wine glass, "Okay, a toast.  Here's to old friends, fun girl time and lots of hot sparks for each of us with our partners."

"Yeah, here, here!!," they all said in unison.  The gumbo was fabulous and when we had all finished our meals, I called Logan.

"Hey, Ace. Have you finished your shopping?"

"Yeah.  You still want to come meet me?"

"Of course.  I'll see you soon."

Logan, in his usual fashion, arrived to whisk me away with a car and driver.  We enjoyed some beignets and cafe au lait at the Cafe du Monde on the waterfront.  They were beyond delicious and decadent.

"You want to see anything while we're out, Ace?"

Would you just want to walk around the French Quarter for just a little bit?"

"Sure, Ace."

The driver dropped us on Bourbon Street and Logan told him to pick us back up in 30 minutes.  We walked hand in hand admiring the beautiful buildings and people watching, of course.  It was such an eclectic city with something different around every corner.  Logan said, "this kind of reminds me of when I came to Stars Hollow and the hay bale maze was set up.  That was crazy, but such a good time with you and staying the night in THE Rory Gilmore's bedroom."  

"You were so great, Logan.  Being there with my mom and me--fixing dinner and everything."

"Oh, Ace, I loved it.  You ready to get back to the Monteleone?"

"Yeah.  This was fun but I'm ready to kick back and have a drink before we get ready for tonight."

On our way back to the hotel, Logan was all over me with his hands and kissing me.  

"Stop that Huntzberger.  We're going to be back at the hotel in just a few minutes."

"But, I missed you today, Ace, and we don't have much time left together before you come to London."

"Hey, listen, I almost forgot to tell you.  The magazine is going to do a piece on the largest mansion in London.  I'm pushing to get the assignment.  Can I use the Huntzberger name to give myself an extra edge with my boss?"

"Sure, baby.  You use my name all you want," he said as he continued to nuzzle my neck and kiss me.

"Logan, did you hear me?  If I get this assignment, I'm going to ask to go to London on the Wednesday before the gala event.  That means we would have four nights together."

"Hmm, Ace.  That sounds great.  I really hope you get to do the piece.  Use my name all you want.  You know you could use and abuse me right now, if you want," he smirked as we began to approach the hotel.

"You're impossible.  You just wait until I get you alone.  I'm going to get under your skin and all in your hair and drive you crazy until you beg me to stop."

"Ooohh, baby.  Promises, promises.  I can't wait."

We both laughed as we left the car.  Back in our suite, Logan was still relentless with his hands all over me.  I could resist his charms no more and we made our way to the bedroom.  

After a sexy, fun time in bed together and a nice little nap, it was time to get up to begin getting ready for the New Year's Eve party.