Chapter 37 - The Power of Love

The whispers in the morning
Of lovers sleeping tight
Are rolling by like thunder now
As I look in your eyes

I hold on to your body

And feel each move you make

Your voice is warm and tender

A love that I could not forsake

'Cause I'm your lady
And you are my man
Whenever you reach for me
I'll do all that I can

Logan began to stir. He stretched slightly, then pulled me close against his body. Whispering in my ear, he said, "how did my beautiful fianceé sleep?"

Smiling, I turned in his arms to face him. "I slept very well Logan," I answered as I put my hand up to his cheek.

We just stared into each other's eyes. It felt as though something had shifted. Logan and I seemed to have both reached some level of serenity. He reached over to push my hair back, resting his hand on the side of my face, he said, "I can't wait for you to be my wife, Ace."

"Ooh, babe, I can't wait for you to be my husband."

"So, does the future Mrs. Huntzberger have any idea where she would like to get married?"

"What makes you think I'm taking your name?"

Logan pouted and said, "Ace, you wound me."

I laughed. "You're too easy Huntzberger. Of course, I'm taking your name. I need coffee for this conversation."

We got out of bed and Logan went to make some coffee at our mini kitchen. After brushing teeth, we made our way out to the covered porch with our coffees.

"So, Logan, I've always known where I wanted to get married, if you were the one."

"Well, SINCE I am the one, do you want to share" he said holding my hand.

I got up from my chair and went to sit on his lap. "I'd like to get married on the Yale campus outside Branford Hall."

He smiled at me and asked, "Not Stars Hollow, Ace? I thought you would want to get married there."

"It is OUR wedding Logan and you do have a say. Besides, it's where we met and made all our memories. If I hadn't gone to Yale, we might never have met."

"Whatever you want, Ace, I don't care. I just want to make you my wife."

"And I want to make you my husband. So, Yale it is and how about in the fall? That gives us time to plan what we want and enjoy our engagement," I said as I admired my beautiful ring.

"I know fall is your favorite time of year, so fall it be will, sweetie."

We had to get some breakfast and get ready for our flight. A couple hours later we were on the private plane on our way back to New York.

"So, Ace, you know we're going to have to pay a visit to my parents' house and inform them of our engagement," Logan groaned.

"Yeah, I know. We'll have to visit my mom and Luke, too, you know? I sent Mom a picture of my ring last night, so she knows but..."

"Okay, sweetie, but I want to take tomorrow and look at some apartments. What do you say?"

"Let's do it, then. By the way, Logan, Mr. Cox has given me the go ahead to return to London to do more work on my piece. What do you say I ask to go over about February 25? That way you and I can celebrate your birthday, even though it will be late, and we can say good-bye to London together."

"That sounds wonderful, Ace, but you know things might change when The New Yorker finds out that you're engaged to me" he said as he leaned in to give me a very passionate kiss.

"Mmmhmm, yeah, but still it was the most wonderful Valentine's Day e-v-e-r, Logan. I love you, babe."

"And, I love you, Rory Gilmore."

***************

Later that night in my bed, Logan was rubbing his foot up and down my legs. He was holding me close and lightly making circles on my back. "You know, Ace, I'll be forever grateful that you decided to come to the gang's party that night in December. I knew when I walked you out to get the cab that night and touched you that I would never be satisfied with any other women in my life but you. You forever changed me, Rory, when we met in college. No one has ever made me feel the way you do. You always believed in me and you gave me the courage to step away from my family's business. I was able to prove that I could do it on my own in California. I don't know why I gave you that ultimatum after you graduated. Probably I was hurt that you said no and it was just a gut reaction. You were right to say no, Ace. You had to go do your thing—fulfill you dream to be a reporter. But, I do want to ask you something. Will you go to California with me so I can show you the house where I wanted us to live?"

"That was some speech, Logan. I have to tell you that I just had to come to that party in December. The other guys I met after you and I broke up could never compare to you, Logan. Plus, I had missed you so much and you looked so handsome that night. You definitely changed me, too. All our adventures AND you forcing me to come out of my shell. No one has ever made me feel the way you do either. You've always been so supportive and encouraging with my writing. I knew you could make it on your own. You needed to do what you did by going to California. I don't know if it's a good idea to go there though. It seems like it would just drum up bad memories for both of us."

"It might help us to put the hurt behind us and heal that wound forever. Come on, what do you say, Ace?"

"Okay, Logan. We'll do it because I would like to see that avocado tree."

I smiled at him as he grabbed me tight. The kisses were more passionate and our lovemaking had a new level of intimacy because we knew that we would belong to each other for a lifetime.

A/N:  A Valentine's Day to remember for a lifetime.  A wedding to plan and more adventures for our couple.  But, you know, there's always bumps in the road.  Life gets messy sometimes.  Keep reading.  I have some more story to tell.  Thanks for the votes and comments.