Chapter 17 - New Memories

Logan took my hand to help me out of the limo and removed the blindfold.  There in front of us was a white carriage and horses.  I held on to his hand tightly and with a stunned look I turned to him.  Trying to back up and shaking by head back and forth to say no, I just stared at Logan.

"Hey, Ace, come here," he whispered gently pulling me toward him.  "Listen, listen to me a minute.  Don't you think it would be a good idea to let go of the old, painful memories associated with this and create a new, happy memory?  Come on, sweetie, let's take this ride.  I know you'll love it."

Hesitating and contemplating what he said, I looked from him to the carriage and decided to trust him.  "Alright, Logan, let's do it."

We climbed into the carriage and covered up with a blanket as the horses trotted off to take us around Central Park.  Logan reached under the opposite seat, pulled out a champagne bottle and two glasses.  

"Logan Huntzberger, I think you're a romantic.  You always do the sweetest things."  

"To you and me, baby, making some new memories," he beamed a smile at me as we toasted.

"You are pulling out all the stops and acting like Prince Charming trying to put me under some kind of spell, aren't you?"

Logan became serious and said, "Ace, this is no fairy tale.  It is very real to me and, I hope to you, too.  You may see this as just a grand gesture, but I can assure you what I want you to realize is that I'm just trying to ease any pain I may have caused you.  I want to erase any hurt from your heart and  mind. "

Snuggled up close and wrapped in his arms, I reached up with my hand to caress his cheek.  "You know I did have a part in the hurt and pain, too, by saying no.  But, I can assure you now, Logan, that you certainly got off to a very good start.  Thank you for caring so much."

"Rory, you mean the world to me.  I want you to know that I'm truly sorry for any pain I caused you."  Then he kissed me so tenderly I wanted to weep.  We held each other's gaze for a very long moment, lost in all the years of love, pain and longing we had shared.

As nightfall came, the carriage continued to carry us around the park.  We held hands enjoying the quietness and the beauty of the trees with remains of snow on the leaves and limbs.  It felt so familiar--like our days from college when we could just be together.  Arriving at Tavern on the Green, the carriage stopped.

"How about we go in to warm up and have some dinner, Ace."  Stepping down from the carriage, he offered his hand to assist me.

Giving him my biggest smile and a coy look, I said, "why that's an excellent idea my kind, charming prince.  but first another kiss please."

"Oh my god, you better hope I don't turn into a frog," he chuckled, with those laughing brown eyes.  Then, he kissed me wildly with one hand grabbing my butt.

"Logan, you have that backwards.  It's the frog that the princess has to kiss to turn into her handsome prince."

"Yeah, I know, Ace.  I'm just getting a little tired of all the kisses," he said laughing.

I slapped his arm, saying, "you better not be getting tired of my kisses."

"Oh, you know I'm just messing with you.  Never in a million years will I get tired of kissing you, Ace."

"Hmm, Logan, I could just devour you," I whispered in his mouth--kissing him again.

"Promises, promises, Ace.  I'm going to hold you to that later tonight," he said squeezing me to him and giving me that wonderful, sexy smile of his.

We made our way into the restaurant and as usual because of Logan's connections, we had a private corner where we could talk quietly and enjoy our dinner.

A/N:  Two short chapters today.  Some fun chapters and adventurous chapters coming soon.  Thanks again for reading.