Chapter 27 - Proper Good-bye

A/N:  It's been a while but I'm still writing.  I've been getting ready for Christmas like all of you.  I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season.  Just a little fluff chapter for you, but you might want to read between the lines.  Thanks for reading, voting and any comments.

I woke up with Logan's arm lying over me. Trying not to disturb him, I snuggled up against him just wanting to savor every minute of having him near me. We had to go back to our respective homes today—me to New York and him to London. I was going to miss him so much. We had only been together for four weeks and it felt like we had never been apart. It was so easy to fall back into that blissful state of having him shower me with attention. Logan was my everything. I'm so hoping he did mean everything he was telling me. He began to stir.

"Good morning," I whispered as he squeezed me tight.

"Good morning, beautiful," he said as he kissed my neck.

I rolled over to face him and gave him a light kiss. "You want some coffee?"

"Hmm, Ace. I don't want to move. Let's just stay here all day and spoon."

 "If only we could, sweet man. I'm going to get up and brush my teeth—then, I'm going to make us some coffee. You want some breakfast from room service?"

"No, no, no, Ace. I'm not going to let you get up," he said as he pulled me tight against him, rolled me on my back and started to pepper me with kisses.

"Logan, stop that."

He started to tickle me and I was trying to get away. We ended up in a playful game of tickling each other. Laughing and all tangled up, we fell back on the pillows. Logan rolled over leaning up on his elbow—looking down at me, he said, "oh, Ace, I'm going to miss you."

"Distance makes the heart grow fonder. Isn't that what they say, Logan?," I said as I jumped up from the bed.

"Hell if I know. What I do know is that I'm not ready to go back to London without you."

"Hey, let's just hope that I get the assignment in London and then, it will just be a little over two weeks until we're together again. I bet you'll be working so hard, you'll hardly notice."

 "Ace, I'll notice. "Are you not going to miss me?"

Logan was in the bathroom beside me brushing his teeth. "You know I will," I said pinching his butt, as I headed to the kitchen.

He walked into the kitchen with just a t-shirt and underwear looking so sexy with that fabulous physic of his. I put my hand on his chest and asked, "are you sure you work? It appears from this buff body of yours that you just work out all the time."

He gave me that wonderful smile of his. "You like, Ace?"

"I like plenty, mister," I said as I ran my hands up his wonderful chest.

 "And, yes, I do work hard and you know it."

"You know I'm just teasing you. You work too hard. Logan, you don't have to prove yourself ALL the time," I told him as I gave him a hug.

"You think I'm trying to prove myself to you?"

"Well, I don't think you do it consciously. You're always trying to prove yourself to your Dad and I think it probably spills over to other parts of your life. Logan, you have more confidence than anyone I know and you are great at your job or you wouldn't be in the position you're in now. You proved yourself long ago by starting your own company. You know you could do that again, if you want. You don't need my approval for anything."

Logan just stood looking at me for a minute sipping his coffee. "Ace, that's one of the reasons I love you. You always believed in me. Thank you for that. Now, how about some room service breakfast?," he asked as he kissed my forehead.

 *********************

A few hours later we were at the airport saying our good-byes.

"Ace, I wish you hadn't come to the airport this early. Now you have to sit around for two hours by yourself waiting for your flight."

"Logan, I wanted to come and give you a proper good-bye."

"Oooh, sweetie, you gave me that earlier today. But, if you want, you can give me another good-bye."

"I can't do THAT again here, silly. You know that I mean to be here to send you off."

"Baby, you send me off every time," he said laughing.

"My, god, just stop it. You call me when you get home, okay? I don't care what time it is. Promise?"

"Alright, Ace. I love you."

 "I love you too, Logan."

We kissed one last time and he was gone.

******************

It was six o'clock by the time I got to my apartment. As I entered, Jess was there on the couch.

"Hi, Jess. I'm surprised to see you here today. Happy New Year."

"Hey, Rory. Happy New Year to you. You look like you've been having fun. How was your New Year's celebration?"

 "It was great. Logan surprised me with a trip to New Orleans and all the old gang from Yale. It was fantastic. We all had a fabulous time."

"So, the trust fund charmer is still dazzling you with his grand gestures. Be careful, Rory, you might get your heart stomped on again."