Chapter 5 - Nerves

Rory had made the decision that she would go to the LDB party tonight.  But first, she needed a new dress.  So she was off to go shopping for something special.

When she returned, Jess was back at the apartment.  "So, it looks like you've decided to attend the party," Jess said.

Yes, I have, Jess.  I know you don't think I should, but it's something I want to do.  So, let's not talk about it anymore.  How about we order some Chinese?"

He just looked at her, shaking his head.  "Well you're a big girl, but I still say you better guard that heart, Rory."

Rory just stared at him as she went to order the food.

Rory decided that she would arrive just before nine so it didn't appear she was too anxious.  She left her apartment feeling that she looked very sexy in her ruby red lace, one-shoulder dress with a slit up her left leg.  It fit her curves very well but wasn't too tight.  She wore the diamond bracelet Logan had given her as her only arm jewelry and some sparkling dangles at her ears.

*********************

As eight o'clock rolled around, Logan started checking his watch every 10 minutes.  It was now 8:40 pm and he was beginning to doubt that Rory was going to show up.  In black dress jeans and a slim pleated tuxedo black shirt, he had paid special attention to giving himself a close shave and applying that cologne that Rory liked.

At 8:50 pm there was a knock on the door of the suite.

A/N:  Looks like things are about to get interesting.