Chapter 46 - Feeling Again

Logan was sitting on the sofa with his laptop doing a little bit of work when there was a knock on the door. Puzzled, he got us to go see who was there. When he looked through the peephole, his face lit up. Opening the door, he said, "Ace, I didn't think you were coming back until tomorrow."

"I wanted to surprise you," she said as she came through the door and gently pushed me up against the wall. Running her hands over my chest she looked up at me with hooded eyes, ground her body against mine and ran her tongue over my lips. "You don't mind do you, babe?"

"Damn, Ace. Have you been drinking tequila shots?," I asked as I kicked the door closed with my foot. Doing my own hand roaming and kissing her passionately, I grabbed her ass and pulled her up to hold her against me.

When we broke for some air, she smiled at me saying, "I really missed you."

"Maybe you should go away more often. Come here and tell me what happened in London."

"Nothing really happened. I finished my piece and I think it's going to be really good. This morning I went for a walk like you and I did that time I was visiting you. I was standing in Trafalgar Square staring into the fountain and I knew I was ready to come home to you and for us to move forward. The loss we've experienced will always be a part of us, but it's time to concentrate on us—on getting married and I'm ready to give ALL of myself to you."

"Oh, Ace, are you sure? Really sure?"

"Yes, I'm very, very sure, Logan. And, no I haven't been drinking tequila shots. I can want your damn sexy body without alcohol, you know. God, I'm hungry. Do we have anything to eat? I know it's only 3 o'clock here, but I am on London time."

Laughing, Logan said, "there's nothing to speak of that I could fix. What do you want, sweetie?"

"How about a good New York pizza? Is that okay with you?"

"Yeah, I'll order it now and you go get a shower. I know you want one."

She came up to me, put her arms around my neck and gave me an amazing kiss. Delivering a big, beautiful smile she said, "I love you so much, Logan Huntzberger." She gave me a wink and a little squeeze of my butt as she headed for the shower.

Rory came in the living room to sit beside me. With a big fluffy robe wrapped around her and towel dried hair, I thought she looked amazing. Her clean, fresh skin always reminded me of our early college days. Those dazzling blue eyes could mesmerize me.

Leaning in to rest her head on my shoulder, she sighed, "I'm glad to be back. It felt good to know you'd be here for me when I came back to New York."

"You know I'll always welcome you with open arms whenever you have to go away. But, you're through with the piece now, so you won't be going to London anymore, right?"

"Yeah, that's right. So, now I'd like to talk about our future." The bell rang and I got up to get the pizza.

Devouring a couple of slices quickly, Rory wiped her mouth and laid back on the sofa cushions sighing, "oh, that was good."

"So what's on your mind about our future, Ace?"

"I was thinking while I was in London. You know we had talked a little about trying to have a honeymoon baby. I am ready to do that if you are. The doctor did say that we should wait several months before getting pregnant again. By the time we get married that time will have passed. Also, I was thinking about my job, too. You had said that I would have to leave The New Yorker and I get that. After the Obama campaign job, I found out that a traveling reporter job was not really that great. Thankfully, I got the job at the magazine and the experience has been great. So, what do you think about me writing a book?"

"O—kay. Ace, are you sure about the baby? We don't have to do the honeymoon timing thing if you're not ready. I think you writing a book would be great. That sounds like a lot of changes, though, considering the wedding and all."

"Well, not really. I could leave The New Yorker at the end of August and spend more time getting all our things into one place where we're both going to live. We'll probably have another wedding shower, bachelor and bachelorette parties to attend. So, would you mind if I left work then?"

"Mmmhmm, come here and tell me more—like where you want to live and this book you want to write."

Logan kissed me on the forehead as he pulled me over to sit on his lap. Iran my hands around his neck for a sweet kiss that deepened as he reached under my robe. Smiling at him, I asked, "how can I tell you anything when you're sooo bothering me with those hands. Ahhh, Logan."

"Alright, Ace, I'll stop bothering you. Tell me where you've thought about us living."

"I've been thinking that we should stay in New York. I know Mom won't be so thrilled with the idea, but we love New York. I don't want you having to spend so much time commuting if we live in Connecticut. Besides, it was always my dream for the two of us to live in the city. And, if I'm working from home to write and WE get pregnant, you won't be that far away."

"There's a lot going on in that statement. Tell me more about this book. Do you have any ideas about what you'd like to write?"

"I've been thinking that a story about my mom and me might be interesting. What do you think? Would you write it as, say a memoir, or change the names to protect the innocent and write it as fiction?"

"So, it sounds like you're going to write about everything and everyone. If it's going to include the Gilmore and Hayden names, you might want to go with a fictional novel. I say you should protect the innocent, Ace. It sounds like it would be VERY interesting reading."

Rory stood up from the sofa extending her hand to Logan. "We've talked enough for tonight. Come with me to our bed and let me show you how much I've missed you."

Logan took my hand in his and standing with that wonderful smirk on his face, he said, "gladly, baby, gladly. OUR bed sounds like the perfect place for me to show you the same."

As Logan and I stared into each other's eyes, I touched his face softly and whispered, "I love you Logan.  Slowly, babe.  Just slowly, okay?"

He kissed my palm and replied, "I adore you Ace.  I know sweetie. Yes, I know."

And so it was that Logan and I gently renewed our lovemaking. I was over the moon that it was easier than I thought it would be and to say the least, so was Logan. Also, we were excited to start searching for a home in the city. As I heard Logan's deep breathing, I snuggled my backside closer up to him and felt happier than I'd been in a while.

A/N:  My favorite couple has had several weeks to recover now.  We know they've always been hot for each other so now they can get back to it.  Also, you noticed I stole the book idea from AYITL.  Personally, I've always thought Rory would make a great novelist.  After all, she's read hundreds of books, loves to research and was an English major.  No more bumps coming up but probably a surprise or two.  Thanks for reading, voting, and your comments.