Chapter 29 - Things to Come

"Hi, Ace."

"Romeo and Juliet? Really, Logan, you're going to make me swoon," I chuckled into the phone.

"Well, I know you love the classics and roses."

"It got me right out of a bad mood, so everything is fine now."

"Oh, I'm sorry you were in a bad mood. You want to talk about it?"

"I went to talk to Cox about the assignment in London. When I was telling him about my connection to the Huntzberger name and all, he had the audacity to ask me if you and I had a personal relationship. It just made me so mad."

"So, other than pissing you off, was the use of my name helpful?"

"Uh, yeah, of course it was."

"Well, don't let it bother you what he asked you. He's obviously a jerk, but if it gets you the assignment, just let it pass. Besides, you and I do have a personal relationship, don't we," he said in a sexy voice.

"Logan, are you having dirty thoughts?"

"I don't call them dirty thoughts, Ace, as much as I call them sexy thoughts. Just visualizing you being here in my lap stark naked."

"You're going to make me blush right here at my desk, Logan."

 "You blush all you want, baby. Because I can't wait until we're together again and I can touch and kiss that fabulous body of yours."

"Okay, I've got to go now and try to get some work done. I'll let you know if I get the assignment."

"You do that, Ace. In the meantime, I'll keep thinking dirty thoughts," he whispered and laughed into the phone.

"Good-bye, Logan."

"Good-bye, sexy."

I sat at my desk after hanging up from the call with Logan just thinking of being with him again. He had always known how to treat a woman and that had even improved since college. The constant reminders he would send and say always made me feel special. Even though I want to be all in with our relationship, I am still worried about the distance between us. Will Logan push his father to get a position in New York? I really hope so.

*********************

A couple of days later, Mr. Cox called me into his office and told me he was giving me the assignment.

"This could be big for you Rory, if you do a really good job," he said to me as I was leaving his office.

"Don't worry, Mr. Cox, I will deliver."

Back in my office I started doing some research immediately on this mysterious mansion. OMG, I thought to myself. Logan is not going to believe that it is owned by a holding company with a mailing address in Tortola. Hopefully, we won't have to be in contact with the guy that bored us to death at the pre-launch party all those years ago. I wonder if Logan still had contact with Nick, Phillip and Bobbi.

After lunch I called Logan.

"Hey, Ace."

 "Hi. I wanted to let you know that I got the assignment in London."

"Aw, sweetie, that's great. I can't wait for you to get here."

"Me either. Listen, I was doing some research on the mansion and you aren't going to believe what I discovered. The owner of the property is a holding company and their mailing address is in Tortola. I thought I would crack up when I read that. Remember that boring guy at your pre-launch party."

"Oh my god, Ace. That's unbelievable. Yes, that guy was so bad but, remember, Bobbi tried to save us from him."

"Yeah, your colleague, Bobbi. By the way, do you still have any contact with Nick, Phillip or Bobbi?"

 "Now Rory, you're not still jealous are you? I'll see one of them once in a while, but I don't have any contact per se."

In my sweetest voice, I answered, "Huntzberger, it's been way too many years for me to still be jealous. I was just asking. Anyway, it sounds like you're still at work. You better get that cute ass of yours home. I'll be there to bother you before you know it."

"Well, whatever you say Gilmore. I look forward to your arrival in London and in my apartment. Send me your flight information when you have it. Good night, sweetie."

"Good night, Logan. Talk to you soon."

The next couple of weeks flew by and before I knew it, I was on a flight to London. Logan and I had talked almost every day and exchanged quite a few flirty and sexy text messages. When I exited the airport building there he was holding a sign that said GILMORE. I ran up to him laughing and wrapped myself in his arms.

"You're too funny. Really, a sign, Logan?"

 "Well it seems like a million years since I've seen you. I thought maybe you would have forgotten what I looked like."

"NEVER in a million years could I forget that beautiful face of yours."

"Be quiet, Ace, so I can kiss you."