Chapter 49 - Fun and Games

Logan and I spent the next two months doing some shopping together for furnishings. Our apartment was really beginning to have a homey feel with a mix of both our tastes. A large cream leather sectional sofa set off the living area with some wood traditional pieces. Our bedroom was complete and I had decided to only have one wall in the library paneled in wood. Grandma had stepped in to handle the flowers for the wedding after I let her know my colors and choices.

One night in early August Logan came home later than usual from the office. He put his laptop bag down and throwing off his jacket, he breathed out loudly, "damn what a day!"

"What's the matter babe?"

"Oh,I'm just beat. I'm been going full steam for what seems like weeks now and I'm ready for some time away from the office. What about you, Ace?"

Handing him a drink, I smiled saying, "Yes, I know what you mean. I've been going at it hard, too. I think Cox knows I'll be leaving soon and he's been piling it on." I went over to Logan and standing behind him I began massaging his shoulders.

"Well, Ace, your article about the London mansion was a big hit."

I leaned down and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Listen, we haven't had any away time all summer." Running my hands down his chest, I whispered, "I think I know of a good solution. How about we take along weekend to The Vineyard? You and I could go on a Friday so we'd have a night all alone and then let's have the gang join us on Saturday. Time for some fun and you doing up some lobsters. What do you say Huntzberger?"

Logan turned around with that famous smirk of his and reaching up to touch my face, he stated, "that's a wonderful idea, baby. I'll set it up for next weekend. So what do you have in mind for OUR night alone?"

"Maybe just a night of romance, okay, babe?"

"Maybe a night of sexy romance. What do you say, Ace?"

Pretending to ponder the question, I placed my index finger on my cheek and answered, "now would a romantic night without sex be any fun?"

He chuckled, stood up to give me a kiss and said, "how about we start now, Ace?"

"No, no, Huntz, this Gilmore girl is eating dinner first."

* ** * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

About ten days later Logan and I hopped in his car and made the drive to Martha's Vineyard. Arriving at the house, it looked the same, except the décor had been updated. Walking outside to view the beach, I was surprised to see a pool.

"Logan, you didn't tell me a pool had been added. I love it."

"Yeah, it's salt water, too. How about a dip later, Ace?"

After an hour or so on the beach, Logan and I headed back to the house for some lunch and then showers. We headed out to buy some lobsters and other groceries for the weekend. The drive was relaxing and after our errands we stopped at the Espresso Shop for coffee and pastries. Being beside the water, Logan and I took a stroll out to take in the beautiful view. Shortly, we made our way back to the house and put away everything.

"Ace, how about that dip in the pool?," Logan asked as he gave me a hug and kiss.

"Sounds great. I'll make some drinks and snacks, get changed and join you in a few minutes. You go ahead and get everything set up."

As I walked out to the pool, Logan gave a loud whistle, "I like the bikini, Ace."

"Logan, you've seen me naked."