Chapter 50 - Magnificent Day

I can't believe my wedding day is tomorrow. Laying on the bed in my hotel room I held my hand up smiling at the beautiful engagement ring on my hand. Logan and I had decided to stay in New Haven in separate hotels so we could be close to the wedding venue.

All my dreams are coming true tomorrow as I become Logan's wife. Putting a hand on my stomach I wasn't sure if it was just nerves or something else. Oh my god, I just can't believe it. All of a sudden I felt panicky. I needed to see Logan. I picked up my phone and pressed his name.

"Ace, you okay?"

"Yeah, I need to see you Logan. Tonight. Right now."

"You sure you're okay?"

"Yes, yes, I'm okay, babe. Can you meet me outside Branford where the coffee cart usually was stationed?"

"Sure, sweetie. I'm on my way."

I grabbed a jacket and hurried out the door. When I arrived outside my old dorm location, Logan was there sitting on a bench. He stood up as I approached. "Is anything wrong, Ace?"

"No, Logan, nothing is wrong. I just needed to talk to you. I can't wait to be your wife, Logan. There is something I want to tell you, though. After thinking about it for a while and deciding to tell you now instead of tomorrow is the best option. Now I don't want you to get upset, but there is something I need to tell you."

"Ace, you're scaring me. What is it, sweetie?"

"Well, Logan, remember when we spent the weekend at The Vineyard? The night before we left I thought back to when I was pregnant and how much we both were so exited about becoming parents. And how sad we were when things went wrong with the baby. I hope you won't be mad at me when I tell you that I didn't take my birth control pills when we were at The Vineyard."

"Okay, Ace. No, I'm not mad. But I don't understand. What are you telling me?"

"I'm telling you that I'm pregnant, Logan."

He grabbed me and spun me around in his arms. "What? Ace, no way. Why did you decide to do this?"

"We talked about a honeymoon baby, remember?"

"Yeah."

"I didn't want to be under pressure and thought you might like it if everything was already in the works when the honeymoon came around. So, that's it really."

"So, I hate to ask but do you know if everything is okay?"

"Yes, I've been to the doctor and he heard the baby's heartbeat. He said the baby is fine. I didn't listen because I wanted you and I to hear it together. So, we're pregnant Logan. We're going to have a baby."

"Awe, Ace. I love you. I'm glad you did it for us. My girl is having our baby. Thank you for the best wedding present ever."

He cupped my face with his hand and gave me a tender kiss. I circled my arms around his neck and we held each other.

"Come on, Ace, it's time to get you back to your room. How we are going to get any sleep, I don't know, but we need to try."

As we reached my room, Logan said, "I'm going to miss you in my bed tonight."

"Yeah, I'm going to miss you, too, daddy," I smiled at him.

"Ace, I sure hope I'm going to get the parent thing right."

"You're going to be a great father, Logan. I have no doubt whatsoever. So this is our secret for now—ssshh!"

* ** * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *