Chapter 43 - Fearful Discoveries

A/N:  I hope that wherever you're reading this you are heeding all the guidelines for this pandemic.  We will all look back on this when it's over and hopefully will have gained a new perspective on what everyday life means.  Do your part not to spread germs.  Be careful and safe.  My thoughts and prayers are with all those who are suffering.  

"What? Ace, you're pregnant? When did this happen and how far along are you? Oh my god, this is amazing," Logan said as he picked me up and swung we around.

"Logan, slow down."

Putting me down gently he said, "oh, Ace, I'm sorry. Are you okay? I didn't mean to make you upset."

"Logan, I'm okay." Getting back in the car we sat with our hands together and I began to tell him--"this likely happened at your birthday celebration in London." Leaning in I gave him a kiss. "So, I'm about six weeks pregnant. I have an appointment in ten days with a doctor to get the official information."

"So, Ace, the night you made ME blush, that's the night you got pregnant?," he chuckled as he continued--"won't that be a good story to tell when our children are older."

"Logan Huntzberger you will NEVER EVER tell our children anything about that night."

"Okay, okay Ace, but I might hold it over your head."  

"Like hell you will," I warned him with a punch in his side.

"Ouch. Don't get violent, sweetie. You know I'm just kidding. So, this means a December baby. Lots of things could change—like our wedding. Do you want to change the date?"

"I don't know. Let's just let this sink in and get through the doctor's appointment. Then we can discuss the wedding and everything, okay?"

"Okay, sweetie," Logan said with a huge smile. He leaned down and kissed my tummy. "A baby, Ace."

"Yes, Logan, a baby."

We returned to the hotel and packed up our things to return to New York.

The next week flew by. Logan and I were still in a great routine and getting even more use to being together almost every day. At the office on Friday afternoon, a long white box appeared on my desk. Untying the bow and opening the box I smiled as I saw a single long-stem red rose. The card read, "Happy Friday, 'baby'. I love you." L

Logan was so sweet. He had the uncanny ability to know when I needed to hear from him or when I needed his support. It had been a long,tiring week. 

Picking up my phone, I text him:

Hi, babe. Thanks for the beautiful rose. Just what I needed. See you at your place soon.

Logan text back:

You're welcome, Ace. See you soon.

I arrived at Logan's apartment but found he was not there yet. Immediately, I went to change into some relaxing clothes. I put some laundry in the washer and went to get myself something to drink. Reaching to get a wine glass I felt a pain in my side. It only lasted a second so I ignored it. Then I heard Logan coming through the door.

"Ace, you here?"

"In the kitchen."

He came toward me, immediately taking off his tie and jacket. I found the businessman Logan to be very sexy. Removing his tie and that fabulous face always stirred something inside me. Giving me a kiss on the cheek he asked, "how are you?"