Chapter 6 - Party Time

Rory was trying to calm the knots in her stomach when the door opened and she encountered Finn.

"Aye, Rory, my love.  Do come in and let me take your coat."

Logan was heading to get another drink from the bar when Rory came through the door and Finn removed her coat.  She looked damn fine in that red dress with one shoulder exposed.  As Rory gave Finn a hug, she caught Logan's eye and her stomach did a little flip.  He gave her a nod with a big smile and a wink.

Rory scanned the room and saw Stephanie and Rosemary in one corner with some others.  She thought it best to stay away from Logan right now.  So, she headed over to chat with her old girlfriends when Logan approached and handed her a glass of wine.  Their fingers lightly touched as she accept the drink.

"Thanks, Logan," she said, smiling at him.

"You're quite welcome, Rory.  You look very lovely tonight."

"Well, you do too, Logan.  I'm just going over to talk with the girls, can we catch up later?"

"Sure, I'd like that."

Logan watched her walk away and was transformed to that day over ten years ago when they stood on that platform getting ready to jump.  He knew then that that girl holding his hand was somehow going to change him forever.  Their journey had really begun on the day when Rory had taken the head by asking him to dance and then kissing him.  He was jolted back to the present by someone calling his name.

"Huntzberger," Finn said, "you with us man?"

"Yeah, yeah, what do you mean?" Logan said, slightly shaking his head.

"We're headed out on the terrace."

"I'll be right there."  Logan took a minute to check his phone and saw there was nothing urgent he needed to handle.  He, also, looked around to see if Rory was anywhere in sight.  Not seeing her, he went out to the private terrace which was large enough to hold several sofas, chairs and a dance space.  The song playing through the outdoor speakers was a memorable one for him--"Make You Feel My Love" by Adele.

Rory was chatting with Colin and Finn when Logan approached them.  He reached for her hand and asked her to dance with him.  She put her hand in his and felt that instant spark.  It was always there between them.  Looking in Logan's eyes she could tell he felt it, too.  They held each other's stares for another minute just swaying with the music.  Even in the dim light Rory could see the strong pulse beating in his neck.  She reached her arms up around his neck.  When the song ended, they stayed just where they were, not breaking away from each other.

Logan softly spoke, saying, "Ace, let's sit down."

Rory looked up at him and said, "why don't you kiss me first?"

He looked down and was drawn into those beautiful blue eyes of hers.  He pulled her close and began to ravish her lips.  She put her hands around his back and pulled him into her so their bodies were locked together.  Rory moaned as the kiss deepened even more.  Logan finally pulled back.  Holding her at the nape of her neck, he caressed her cheek with his thumb and he whispered, "my god, Ace, I've missed you so damn much."