Chapter 11 - Anticipation

My phone rang at 7:00.  I picked it up and saw it was Logan.

"Hey, you."

"Ace, just want to let you know I'm almost at my apartment."

"How was your flight and did you get any sleep?"

"Yeah, the flight was good and just a short nap.  It's midnight and my ass will be dragging tomorrow."

"Oh, poor baby.  You need me to come help drag your ass out of bed tomorrow?"

"Yeah!  Only if you get in the bed with me, first, before you drag my ass out, " he chuckled.

"Well, there's nothing I'd like more.  But, hey, since I can't really get there to do that, we'll have to wait for another time."

"Gladly, my sweet, gladly.  Hey, I'm at my apartment.  I'll talk to you soon, okay?"

"Okay, Logan.  Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Ace.  I really enjoyed this weekend a lot.  Sleep tight, baby.  Bye."

"Bye."

Rory placed her phone back on the coffee table and went back to watching her movie.  She couldn't really get into the show because thoughts of Logan kept distracting her.  He looked as handsome as ever and so much more mature, confident and worldly.  I wonder if he really feels the way he said and if I can trust him.  It was so amazing to think that we could get back into the relationship we had in college.  But, him in London and me in New York was not a good thing.  Well, I'm not going to overthink it like I always do.  I'll just live in the moment and let things play out.

Thinking ahead to Christmas she picked up her phone.

"Oh, daughter of mine.  Tell me you are calling to say you're returning to your place of birth from the big city."

"Hello, Mom.  No, I'm not returning to Stars Hollow.  Besides, I was born in Hartford."

"Well, close enough, kid.  How was the big fancy New Yorker party?  Meet any new, interesting eligible men?"

"The party was great and I had a good timeNo, I did not meet any new, eligible men.  Not a lie actually since I already know Logan.  It was the same crowd as always.  Listen, I want to ask you about the Christmas holidays.  Are you and Luke going to Nantucket with Grandma for a week?"

"Uh, yeah.  You know your grandmother.  She made me sign the deal in blood.  Why do you ask?  Do you have some great plans you need to coordinate?"

"When are you going?"

"Let's see, it's December 14th through the 20th.  What's up kid?  Spill it, spill it."

"Nothings up.  I just wanted to put it down on my calendar."

"Huh!  So, when are we going to see your beautiful face in Stars Hollow, oh child of my labor?"

"I'm not sure yet as I've got some work deadlines I have to meet and some other things.  I'll let you know soon."

"Oh, yeah?  How many days do you get off?  Just have to get everything ready for Santa's big day, you know."

"Mom, you do know that I'm 30, right?  I've passed the Santa stage."

"Oh, nonsense, kid.  We've got to put the cookies out and all the other stuff, you know."

"Yeah, okay, Mom.  I get the 23rd, 24th and 25th off, if I make the deadline.  Well, gotta go.  I'll talk to you soon.  Love you.'

"I love you too, kid."