Chapter 24 - Let the Good Times Roll

"So, the Ernest Hemingway suite, huh?," I asked Logan as we left for dinner.

"Of course, Ace.  I had to get that suite so you could say you've slept where Hemingway slept," he answered with a chuckle.

"Logan, I don't think he actually slept where we are sleeping.  Besides, I thought maybe it was because of that wife of his."

"No, Ace, not because of his wife.  And yes, he probably didn't sleep where we are sleeping but it could be a shocker to just say it."

"You're crazy.  Okay, where are we eating?  I'm starved."

"Finn found a great, little restaurant in an historic house called Brigtsen's.  We've got the whole place booked so it will be just the eight of us."

"That sounds great.  Lots of privacy and a small intimate setting for just us and our friends."

As we walked out of the hotel, the car was waiting with the whole gang inside.

Steph said, "Rory, you look great.  I've loving that dress."

"Thanks--it's new."

"Yeah, she looks damn sexy, doesn't she," Logan said as he squeezed my leg and gave me a big smile and a wink.

Actually, I thought Logan looked amazingly sexy in his black pants, black shirt and gray jacket.  It went so well with my short, silver metallic jersey dress and matching four-inch heels.

"I agree with Logan, love," Finn boomed out.

"Hey, watch it Finn, eyes off my girl," Logan came back with a smile.

"Yeah," Rosemary tuned in with a jab at Finn.

We all laughed and it felt like old times.

Arriving at the restaurant, we all bounced out of the car.  Finn announced, "laissez les bons temps rouler," with his Australian accent it made the french saying sound weird.

We all shouted, "YEAH--let the good times roll."

Drinking and eating for the next couple of hours, I felt like I was back in my college days.  Logan and I shared a shrimp and scallop appetizer, a delicious meal of fish and a decadent dessert.  Everyone made it to the car where we each had a glass of champagne, as we were off to another destination.

"Where are we going now, babe"?, I asked Logan.

"It's a surprise, Ace.  We'll be there shortly."

In another few minutes the car stopped and we all jumped out.  Looking around I could see that we were at a marina.  I looked at Logan.  "Uh, Logan, I don't know what you have in mind but we don't have a good track record with boats."

He laughed but said, "don't worry, Ace, we're not taking the boat out.  We're just going to spend about an hour on it and we do have permission.  One of Colin's clients."

"Okay, good.  I don't need another community service and you don't need to sink any more boats."

"Come on, Ace, let's go," he said as he grabbed my hand and pulled me along to the huge yacht.

"My god, Logan, how big is this yacht?"

"I don't know but I'd say 100 feet at least."

There was a large bag lying on the dock which contained deck shoes for all us girls.  These guys thought of everything.  Logan helped me find my shoes and took my hand to go inside.  The beautiful yacht had a large living area where we all fixed drinks and sat down to chat for a few minutes.

Shortly, Logan took my hand and said, "come on, Ace, I want to show you something."

He led me outside and we climbed up two different sets of steps and reached the bridge of the yacht.  Logan told me to turn towards the water and don't turn around.  Next, he stood behind me and put his arms around my waist and pulled me tight against him.

We stood looking at a beautiful full moon shining brightly over the Mississippi River.  It was a breathtaking sight.  Standing together we enjoyed the serenity of the scene.  Then, I heard music.  Moon River by Henry Mancini began playing.  Logan turned me around to face him.

"One of the reasons I decided to come to New Orleans, Ace, was to be able to see this magnificent river with you.  I'm so damn glad you kissed me all those years ago at your grandparents' vow renewal.  And the song has such wonderful memories for us.  Some of the lyrics remind me of us.  Like, two drifters off to see the world.  We're not drifters. but we got to see some of the world together and I want to see so much more with you.  And, rainbow's end, waiting around the bend.  You, Ace, are my rainbow's end--my pot of gold.

As we had been just swaying slowly, Logan placed his hand on my face and gently said, "I love you so much, Ace.  I want to see your beautiful face every day and feel your body next to mine forever."

After the most passionate kiss he had ever given me, I touched his beautiful face and told him, "Logan, I am so lucky to have your love.  I don't know of any woman who wouldn't want to be by your side.  I love you more than words can describe.  The idea that you think I'm your pot of gold just makes me love you more.  I hope we get that chance to see much more of the world together."  I kissed him and running his hand down my back, he stopped just above my butt,  pulling me so tight against him I almost couldn't breathe.

"Thank you for bringing me here, Logan."

He took my hand and smiled saying, "you are very welcome, sweetie.  Now, let's go back down to the gang.  I'm beat and it's time to return to our suite while I still have time to take that fabulous dress off of you."