Chapter 22 - Old and New

As I went back in my old house, I found Mom, Luke and Grandma in the kitchen enjoying some pie.

They all noticed my happy face and Mom, also, noticed the new necklace.

"So, a new trinket, huh?"

"Yes.  It's a miniature rocket with an aquamarine stone," I said to the room as I touched it.

Grandma said, "A rocket.  That's rather an odd gift, Rory."

"Oh, it's a thing just between Logan and me," I told her.

We all settled in for a while enjoying some old holiday movies and just the closeness of family.  Grandma started to nod off and I heard something that sounded like a snore.

"Ummm," clearing my throat.

Grandma jerked a little and said, "uh, Luke, would you mind taking me up to the Inn?"

"Sure, Emily," Luke piped up.  Mom gathered up Grandma's gifts.

We were all saying our good-byes.

"Now, Rory, I hope you'll be extra nice to Logan.  You know you two are a perfect match," Grandma said as she hugged me good-bye.

"Yes, Grandma.  I'll try.  See you soon."

When they were gone, Mom said, "that's a very nice gift Logan gave you.  It seems you two are moving pretty fast with this rekindled 'friendship'."

"Mom, I can't control what Logan chooses as a gift for me.  We do still have that same spark we had in college.  He was seeing a girl that his parents were pushing him towards, but he's ended that.  He makes me happier than anyone ever has."

"I just want you to be careful, kid.  You did not do well the last time things ended."

"We both have grown up a lot, Mom.  I don't want to waste any more time without Logan.  I love him."

"Well, I just want you to be happy.  If Logan makes you happy and you're sure about him, then you go for it, kid."

"Thanks, Mom.  Now, how about some coffee and pop tarts for old times' sake?"

"Yeah, let's do it."

*****************************

The next four days seemed to drag by.  So many people had taken extended holidays, especially some of the upper management.  Slow news days made for lots of time for thinking.  Even though we had talked every day, I was really missing Logan and couldn't wait to see him for our New Year's adventure.

Finn called me on the evening of December 29th and said, "my love, we will be at your door at 2 o'clock tomorrow afternoon.  Be ready, as we are off for our next adventure."

"Finn, I look forward to seeing you all.  When will Logan be arriving at our destination?"

"Aye, love, I do believe it will be before midnight as he is coming from London, you know."

"Okay, Finn.  I will see you and everyone soon."

Hi, babe, I can't wait to see you tomorrow.  You don't want to give me any clues to our destination, do you?   XOX  R

Oh, l'amour, you will know soon.  Take a hint from this message, mon amour?  XOX  L

As Rory packed her suitcase, she smiled thinking about Logan's text.  Why was Logan using french in his text, I thought.  Surely we weren't going to France.  I couldn't wait to see him again.  The man really got into my brain.  He had told me he loved me and I believed him, but we're at that same position we were in college--me in the states and him in London.  I won't think about that right now--I'll just think about being in Logan's arms again and the next few upcoming, exciting days.

Logan smiled to himself as he thought about seeing Rory again.  He wondered if she would figure out the hints to their destination that was very French.  At any rate, he couldn't wait to see her again.  Yes, he thought, most definitely he was looking forward to enjoying her company again.