Chapter 31 - Surprise Visitor

A/N:  I have been out of town this week, so here is a short part.  I'll be updating again on Sunday or Monday.  Thanks for voting, reading and commenting.  

 Ten minutes later Logan came through the door. I jumped up to give him a hug.

"Hey, babe. How was your day?"

"It was too long, Ace. I missed you. You're drinking a little early. Everything, okay?"

"Yeah, everything's fine," I told him with the biggest smile I could. "You want a drink?—let me get you one."

I hurried over to the bar to pour Logan a glass of his favorite scotch hoping he wouldn't notice the concern on my face. He came up behind me putting his arm around my waist. "What's going on in that head of yours, Ace?"

I turned to face him putting that smile back on my face. Giving him his drink, I put my hand on his face and told him I was just getting a little nervous about attending the gala.

Leading him to the sofa, we sat down facing each other.

 "Ace, what do you have to be nervous about? You're going to be great."

"Well, a lot is riding on this assignment and I just want to make sure I wow everyone I come in contact with at the fundraiser."

"You've got this, sweetie. You just dazzle them with that witty brain and those beautiful blues of yours and you'll have them eating out of your hand."

Running my hand through his hair I said, "you're too biased to give an opinion. Anyway, I'll be fine with you by my side. Tell me what kept you busy today."

I wasn't really listening as Logan talked about the usual problems he had to handle. All I could think about was what I would possibly do if I had to be separated from this man again. Logan was my everything and, hopefully, between Finn, Colin and me, we were going to keep that crazy Yvette away from him.

Logan was saying, "Ace, did your research go good today?"

 "Oh, yeah. It went well. Listen, what do you say we order in tonight. I don't really feel like going out," I said to him as I continued to caress his hair.

"You sure. I thought a romantic dinner in a quiet place would be fun."

"We can have a romantic dinner in a quiet place right here in your apartment, Logan," I whispered as I leaned in to kiss him.

"Hmm, Ace, if you're sure. Would you still like to have Italian?"

"Sure," I said to him as there was a knock at the door.

My heart started beating fast as Logan went to open the door.

"Hello mate," Finn belted out in his usual voice.

I jumped up from the sofa to run over and give him a big hug. As I leaned in he whispered, "decided to give my support in person, love."

Logan slapped Finn on the shoulder, saying, "Good to see you man. What brings you to London?"

"Oh, just some business Huntz. What are you and Rory up to?"

"We were just going to order some Italian. Would you like to join us?"

"If it's not a problem, sure."

Logan looked at me without Finn seeing and gave me a slight shrug. He, of course, wouldn't be able to not include his friend in our dinner plans. So much for a romantic dinner tonight. He mouthed to me later with a big smile.

Dinner was delivered 30 minutes later and we all enjoyed catching up on what was happening in everyone's life. Finn asked what I was doing in London and after my explanation, I told him that Logan and I were going to do some tourists things tomorrow and he was welcome to tag along with us.

"Sure, love," he said. "I'd like that."

Logan offered him the sofa to spend the night but he said he had a room at The May Fair.

"I'm going to take my leave now guys," Finn stated and promptly got up to leave.

"We'll give you a call in the morning, Finn," I said to him as I leaned in and whispered, "Thanks."

After Finn was gone, I went in the kitchen to tidy up a bit and Logan followed. He sat down at the bar and didn't speak, but just watched me. When I turned to leave, there he sat with his arm propped up with his hand under his chin. A smile on his face told me he knew something was in the works.

"What?"

 "Ace, really? What's going on with you and Finn?"

"What do you mean?"

Logan got up and came over to me. "Don't act innocent. I saw you two whispering."

"Maybe you shouldn't be so nosy. You jealous, Huntzberger? Come on, you owe me a romantic evening since I didn't get a romantic dinner."

"Alright, I'll just have to make you plead and beg to get the info out of you."

Putting my arms around his neck, I kissed him very passionately. Pulling back I gave him a sexy look and asked, "you're going to make ME beg, Logan?"

 "Well, maybe not," he answered with a very passionate kiss of his own. He led me by the hand to the bedroom.