Yellow fever

Welcome to Part 2 of the same book, same story. The last chapter of previous one was 'Readymade'... this story starts from where that chapter ends. If you are new here, I would suggest you read 'Kabhi toh nazar milao' and then come to this one as this is in continuation.

"Chalein?" Sameer asked in a low voice.

"Uhh... haan." Naina gulped, trying  to control her racing heart.

Holding him on the bike was somehow not easy this time. His words still rang in her ears, making her own thoughts go haywire.

Sameer felt her hands on his shoulders though she was sitting cross legged.

"Naina, kya hua? Aise kyon pakda hai? Theek se pakdo na... please." He asked as the bike moved.

Hesitantly, her arms went around him lightly.

He pulled one of her hand, tightening the hold as he drove, "Ab main tabhi bike chala sakta hun jab tum aise baithogi."

"Achha, fir Ahmedabad mein kaise chaloge? Wahan toh kabhi bhi iss tarah pakad ke nahi baith sakti... na pehle na shaadi ke baad." She asked.

"Madam, Ahmedabad mein romance ke liye bike pe jaane ki kya zaroorat hogi... wahan toh ghar hai hamara... ghar mein hi... " He grinned, winking at her through the mirror.

"Tum chup chap aage dekh ke chalao." Naina turned her face away from the mirror, showing fake anger, hiding herself behind his shoulders.

She wanted to go back to college or lunch but Sameer had decided to have lunch outside.

"Kitna time waste hoga, Sameer... wapas hostel chalte hain na... humara kaam toh ho hi gaya hai." She argued.

"Aaj hum hostel mein nahi khayenge bas... mujhe pao bhaji hi khani hai... kuch time kharab nahi hoga, Naina... aaj raat ko ek ghanta zyada padh lunga... par abhi maan jao, please." He pleaded, his voice going husky at the end.

Naina never stood a chance against this voice.

She gave in.

The restaurant had very less people as it was still early for lunch. They settled on a table at the far end.

After placing the order for pao bhaji and soft drink, Sameer turned his attention to her.

"Ab batao, aaj try karke kyon nahi dikhaya?" He placed his face on the palm, his elbow on the table... looking at her with intense eyes.

"Tum kuch bhi bolte ho, Sameer... chup raho." She chided him again... the hint of colour unmistakable on her face.

"Arre, ismein kya galat kaha maine? Pehle bhi dikhati thi na saare dress? Aaj aisa kya hai jo tum itna gussa kar rahi ho?" He was perplexed.

Naina lowered her eyes, knowing he wouldn't let go.

"Blouse tha jo aaj try kiya tha... poora dress nahi... aur blouse saree ke saath pehente hain... maine saree ke saath nahi jeans pe pehena tha... sirf fitting check karne ke liye try kiya tha... aise kaise..." She hesitated.

The waiter brought their food as they sat in silence... Naina looking at some point on the table cloth and Sameer staring at her face.

He didn't know what was better... his previous confusion regarding her not taking his opinion while choosing the blouse... or knowing the reason that unleashed a riot of images in his mind...

"Khana achha nahi laga aapko?" The voice of waiter brought them back...

Realising that the food still remained untouched in front of them, Sameer smiled at the waiter, telling him they were discussing something important and the food was good.

Kabhi toh Nazar Milao Part 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें