Akele hum

Naina rushed to cover his mouth with her hand, "Sameer, kya kar rahe ho... koi sun lega itna zor se bologe toh."

He pulled her hand down, running his fingers along the tinkling bangles, "Kaun sunega Naina, yahan koi hai hi nahi... main toh aur zor se chilla ke bolunga... Naina ka Sameer..."

She panicked, going on her toes to put her hand on his mouth again, "Please chup ho jao, baba, bahar awaaz ja rahi hai... koi bhi sun sakta hai."

Her one hand went behind his head, while one stayed on his mouth... he looked at her face inches away from his, her body leaning over him.

"Ab haath hata rahi hun... fir se shor nahi machana." She warned him.

As she removed her hand, he opened his mouth... but did not let out any sound.

"Agar mujhe chup karana hai toh uska ek hi tareeka hai." He gave a mischievous look to her.

She flicked up her brows in question.

He raised a finger to his lower lip.

She tried to hold the smile that threatened to spill on her blushing face.

He waited.

The moment he started to lean, she ran out of the kitchen, pushing him out of the way with a hand on his chest.

"Naina." He rushed out after her.

Running in the living room, she dodged him by going around the furniture. He was amazed at how easily she could get away, in spite of being in a saree. Finally, he caught hold of her arm as she tried to run  behind the curtain. The flowing, flimsy curtain wrapped them as she went around it... tying them to each other.

"Ab kahan jaogi bhaag ke?" He gave a cheeky smile, again making the bangles rub against each other.

"Sameer, yahan toh bahar se dikh raha hai... parda bhi hat gaya... please, chodo mujhe... koi apni balcony mein aayega toh kya kahega." She looked out as they stood against the glass door, wrapped in the thin curtain.

"Kehne do... main kisi se darta nahi hun... apni biwi ke saath hun... kisi ko kuch kehna hai toh kahe... mujhe koi fark nahi padta." He held her from the waist.

"Hum kisi aur ke ghar mein hain, Sameer... hato please." She shifted the panels of curtain away from them.

"Bas yehi problem hai ki yahan se bahar dikhta hai?" He narrowed his eyes.

"Haan." She answered matter of factly, concentrating on the curtain.

He swirled her once... the curtain fell away from them, flowing in the breeze. She looked at him, amazed.

"Lo, ab tumhari problem khatam." He pulled her closer.

Her hands flew up to rest on his chest. That is when she noticed the empty button hole. The one after the open collar was closed but the next button was open. She brought her fingers closer to the edge of lapel to close it.

Her fingers touched the loose thread ends.

"Sameer, yeh button toot gaya tumhara." She looked up, concerned.

"Tumne tod diya." He gave a lopsided smile, adding, "Expert ho mere button todne mein."

She turned a deep shade of red, realising that it must have come off when she pulled the dori.

"Maine... maine... toda nahi... woh... galti se... shayad..." She was mortified as she recalled the previous time.

"Aisi galti roz kiya karo na." He tilted his head.

Kabhi toh Nazar Milao Part 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें