Happy Birthday

"Naina, sach batao yeh kaise hua... tum toh kal soyi hi nahi... toh mudega kaise... aur yeh chot ke nishan sone se nahi aa sakte." Sameer was sure she was hiding something.

She lowered her eyes, racking her brain for something to tell him.

He hooked a finger under her chin, turning her face up, "Mujhse chupaogi?"

She gulped, caught between the dilemma of not wanting to hide from him... nor making it difficult for him as she knew he wouldn't do anything against taiji if she asked him not to... and if he tried to do, it would jeopardize their chances of getting together with family's consent.

"Woh Sameer, mere kurte mein zip hai na... toh woh phans gayi thi nikalte waqt... tumhe taqleef hoti sunke isliye nahi bataya." She managed to come up with a more believable lie.

He checked the ear again... it was possible...

"Dhyan rakha karo na... aise kaise lag gayi... aage se kabhi aisa hua toh main zip wale dress banwane hi nahi dunga." He cupped her face.

She nodded, relaxing.

"Achha ab baaki saare gifts khol ke dekhun?" She asked, excited to know what all he had bought for her... also to move away from the burden of her lie.

He picked up one from behind her and kept it on her hand.

She picked up more from around the room and settled on the bed, waving at him to join her.

He was amused at her childish enthusiasm as she squealed with each unpacking. Soon, there was a pile of gift wrappers on one side of her, neatly stacked, and loads of items in front of her.

A purse, two pairs of earrings, one wide belt... the kind she liked to wear with her dresses, a beautiful red dupatta, bangle set, pair of sunglasses, a small heart shaped box with sections to store trinkets, a set of payal... she was submerged in the things he got for her.

One particular gift intrigued her. It was a diary with a leather cover, a traditional motif painted on it. It had a pen attached on the side and there was a tiny lock.

"Yeh bohot achha kiya tumne... ab isme main aaram se tumhari saari chugli likh sakti hun... aur fir taala laga ke rakh dungi... tumhe pata bhi nahi chalega." She said with a serious face.

"Oh, tumko meri chugli karni hai... mujhse hi karlo na... main bhi yahan taala laga ke rakgunga." He kept a hand on his heart.

"Hato... tumse karne mein kya maza hai... ismein likhungi apni saari shikayaten." She twisted her lips in a quick flick.

He sat up straight, "Naina, tumhe sach mein mujhse shikayaten hain?"

"Haan, har biwi ko hoti hain apne pati se... biwi ka haq hai yeh toh... mujhe bhi hain." She replied nonchalantly, flipping the pages of diary.

He took the diary from her, kept it aside and held her hands, "Main woh sab shikayaten door kar dunga... bas ek baar bata do... jaise tum kahogi waise hi karunga."

She wanted to rush into his arms, kiss him hard before telling him that he was the dream every girl had for a man... he was the prayer every woman had for a husband... he was the companion every lonely heart needed... he was the answer to every quest for a life partner...

She could never have a grouse against him... never...

He was too precious.

She shifted closer to him, "Sameer, tumse shikayat hai ki tum mujhse bohot zyada pyar karte ho... itna ki main shayad uske layak bhi nahi hun... ek shikayat hai ki tum mere liye sab kuch bhula dete ho, khud ko bhi... shikayat yeh bhi hai ki tum mujhse kabhi kuch maangte nahi par hamesha mere liye sab kuch karte ho... aur aakhiri shikayat... ki tum aisa sochte ho ki mujhe tumse koi shikayat ho sakti hai."

Kabhi toh Nazar Milao Part 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें