Us

Sorry for the quality of picture... tried to remove everyone else, thus it looks a little blurrred

Naina turned away from Sameer, not able to face him. How could she be so bluntly counting out their kisses to him when he meant the cake that she had spent all afternoon in making? She squeezed her eyes shut, clutching the side of her dress to stop herself from hitting her forehead.

"Aur kuch banane ka soch rahi ho kya?" He asked from behind.

"Huh... na... nahi... aur kya banana hai?" She tilted her head to the side, not really looking at him.

"Aur kuch meetha?" His rough whisper was right next to her ear, his hot breath falling on her cheek.

"Main... main jaake dekhti hun... cake." She started for the door.

Sameer held her wrist, pulling back to make her come crashing on his chest. His other hand went around her waist. She looked at him.

"Saree mein bohot sundar lag rahi thi tum." His voice was heavy, his eyes soft.

She made no effort to move away. After all, she had promised just a few minutes back that all her time was his.

"Tumhe toh main hamesha sundar lagti hun." She lowered her eyes.

Sameer recalled her complexes regarding her looks earlier. He knew she did not feel the same anymore, was more confident about herself. He smoothed her hair along the face though they were neatly brushed now.

"Tumhe pata hai Naina, jab nanu kehte the ki meri zindagi mein bhi ek aisi saathi aayegi jo mere har dard ko mita degi toh mujhe pehle yakeen nahi hota tha... koi kaise uss dard ka ahsaas khatam kar sakta hai jo mere andar tab se tha jab maine sochna samajhna bhi shuru nahi kiya tha... fir tum mere khyaalon mein rehne lagi... aur achanak raat ka andhera mujhe daraane ki jagah tumhare sapno mein khone ki wajah se achha lagne laga... maine tumse kabhi baat nahi ki thi fir bhi tumhari awaaz mujhe sukoon deti thi... bohot dil karta tha nanu ko bata dun tumhare baare mein... lekin himmat nahi hui... waise toh mujhe tumhare dil ki baat ka thoda bohot pata tha fir bhi main nanu ko batane se pehle tumse baat karna chahta tha." His voice had the reference of dark past but no pain, she noticed.

"Tum yeh sab sochte the aur mujhe hamesha lagta tha ki tumhe mere hone tak ka pata nahi hai... jaise school mein aur itne bachche the waise main thi tumhare liye... ek anjaan, andekhi ladki." She mused.

Sameer gulped, still contrite about not speaking to her in school... and making both of them suffer so much.

"Pata nahi Naina hamari kahani kaisi hoti agar maine uss samay tumse baat kar li hoti... shayad hamara dard kam hota ya pata nahi, shayad hamara pyar itna na hota..." He trailed off at the end.

"Nahi Sameer, main tab bhi tumse itna hi pyar karti thi." She said quickly.

He smiled, "Tab tak humne sirf pyar kiya tha... usse khoya nahi tha... jis cheez ko hum sabse zyaada apne paas rakhna chahte hain fir bhi kho dete hain, usse keemti kuch nahi hota... shayad hamara pyar itna gehra isiliye hai ki humne usse tab paaya jab hum iss sach ko apna chuke the ki yeh pyar hamari kismat mein ho hi nahi sakta."

She stared at him... he was right. The pain she had felt when she had given up on him, taking a decision to move to Mumbai was excruciating.

"Ab humein woh din yaad nahi karne chahiye." He cupped her face, seeing her eyes moisten at the thought of those days.

She nodded... the anguish of those few days should not be heavier in weight against what she gained by going to Mumbai.

"Sach Naina, nanu bilkul theek kehte the... tum meri woh saathi ho jisne na sirf mere dil mein pyar bhar diya balki meri zindagi mein bhi khushiyaan le aayi... woh saare dard, woh saare darr, unn yaadon se hone wali takleef, apno ki kami ki chubhan... sab kuch dhundhla hote hote ab toh jaise mit hi gaya hai." He looked at her lovingly.

Kabhi toh Nazar Milao Part 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें