Married

Sameer had got up from the bed quietly to get ready for the temple when the door bell rang. Wondering who it could be this early, he went to open the door.

"Namaste Sameer bhaiya." Ramdhari entered the house.

"Tu itni jaldi kyon aa gaya? Tereko bola hua hai na ki aath baje se pehle nahi aana." Sameer followed him to the kitchen.

"Maaf kijiyega bhaiya, kal aapko batana bhool gaye... shaam ko aapke jaane ke turant baad Dilli se phone aaya tha... malkin aur sahab aaj aa rahe hain... bas abhi aate hi honge... unke nashte ki taiyari karni hai." Ramdhari was apologetic.

Sameer was filled with disgust at the thought of seeing his step father. Though he wasn't very happy about his mother either... but it had been three years since he last met her.

"Humne unke liye upar wala kamra bhi saaf kar diya hai... guest room mein aap log hain na aaj kal isliye wahan toh reh nahi sakte." Ramdhari gave some more information.

The sound of a taxi made both of them aware of the arrival of the visitors. Ramdhari ran out to help with the luggage.

Sameer stood at the threshold of the kitchen, wrenching his fingers, wondering whether he should stay to meet them or go and get ready.

"Sameer... itni subah uth gaye tum?" His mother's voice boomed in from the door.

He looked up... at the face that he wanted to see everyday for so many years... noticing the absence of warmth in her smile even today.

"Arre bhai, koi namaste, good morning nahi seekhi kya tumne? Ghar pe nahi toh hostel mein sikhaya hoga na?" Her husband walked in, dripping sarcasm as always.

"Namaste... main bahar jaa raha hun... Ramdhari aap logon ka nashta taiyar kar dega." Sameer said dryily, folding his hands.

"Aaiye malkin, hum aapka samaan upar wale kamre mein rakh dete hain." Ramdhari walked in with two suitcases.

Somani said in an authoritative voice, "Nahi, neeche wale guest room mein rakho... upar ka kamra chota hai."

Ramdhari stopped, looking at Sameer hesitantly.

Sameer pursed his lips, "Usme main aur mere dost reh rahe hain."

Vishakha looked in surprise, "Kyon, tumhare kamre ko kya hua?"

Sameer took a deep breath, not wanting to lie anymore, "Shaadi ke baad Naina ko koi takleef na ho isliye usme kuch kaam karwa raha hun."

Somani looked at his wife with a jerk, "Vishakha, yeh shaadi kar raha hai? Tumne bataya kyon nahi?"

Vishakha was quiet... annoyed that Sameer was still in the spell of that girl.

"Aap chinta mat kijiye... iski shaadi wahi hogi jahan aapne baat ki hai... main bhi dekhti hun yeh ladki kaise iss ghar mein aati hai." She assured her husband once Sameer left for his room.

She made some calls, noted down a few things on a paper and picked up her bag.

"Main uss Naina ke parivaar se milke aati hun... yeh kissa aaj hi khatam karna hai." She told her husband before leaving.

When Sameer walked out after sometime, he found Somani sitting alone at the dining table. Thinking that his mother might be in the room, he went out to leave for temple when Ramdhari came running.

"Bhaiya, malkin Naina bhabhi ke ghar gayi hain." He whispered to Sameer.

Everything seemed to spin around him... he had not imagined in his wildest dreams that his mother would go down to this level. He started the bike and sped away.

Kabhi toh Nazar Milao Part 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें