Waada

Naina was in the kitchen when the door bell rang. She presumed it must be John... he was late today.

"Arre, Sonali, Rahul... tum log? Tum toh breakfast ke baad aane wale the?" She was surprised to see them early.

"Naina, sorry, woh John ka phone aaya tha... usse kuch kaam hai toh woh late aayega... main nahi chahati thi ki tujhe breakfast banana pade... main lekar aayi hun saath mein." Sonali said with regret.

"Iske liye jaldi bhag ke aayi? Arre maine toh sandwich bana liye hain... aajao, tum dono ke liye bhi bana deti hun." Naina smiled to comfort Sonali.

"Uski zaroorat nahi padegi... main poori sabzi laayi hun... dono cheezein milakar ho jaayega sabka... chal hum laga dete hain." Sonali relaxed.

In the kitchen, they together put everything in the bowls and carried to the table.

Rahul and Sameer were impatiently waiting... almost jumping on the food the moment it was placed.

"Aaram se Rahul... bhaag nahi jayega yeh khaana." Sonali glared at him.

"Dekh le Sameer, shaadi ke kuch mahino mein pati ka khaana bhi galat lagta hai biwiyon ko." Rahul gave a side glance to Sonali, stuffing his mouth with poori.

"Khaane se problem nahi hai, Mr, dhoosne se hai... kaise tum itna kha lete ho pata nahi." Sonali rolled her eyes.

Sameer grinned at Naina, seeing the same wondrous expression in her eyes.

Back in the room after breakfast, Naina was ready to get back to studies.

Sameer could hardly focus on the books... her image from morning not leaving his mind... he had to really tear himself away from her at that time...

Naina in her regular outfits tested his patience to a great extent... seeing her standing in the towel while he was alone at home with her... it had been an enormous effort to control himself.

His mind however could not stop thinking...

Had they been at their own home, nothing could have kept him away from her... his Naina would have melted in his arms, straight out of his fantasy.

"Tum kya soch rahe ho?" Her voice made him jump.

"Ku... kuch nahi... bas jo padha hai... uske... uske baare mein." He gave a sheepish smile.

'Samajh nahi aa raha kya?" She glanced at the open page.

He groaned silently, "Samajh toh sab aa raha hai Naina, bas yeh soch raha tha yeh exam ke din kab khatam honge."

"Arre, datesheet nahi dekhi kya tumne? Pata kyon nahi... bas bees dino ki baat hai... fir koi exams ki tension nahi hogi." She tried to make him see the brighter side.

"Kaash mere paas bhi datesheet hoti... kam se kam pata rehta ki kab aayega woh din." He muttered under his breath.

Naina heard him. She quickly picked up a notebook lying on the table and opened the last page.

"Yeh lo, tum bhi note kar lo... pehle hi likh lena chahiye tha na... datesheet nahi rakhoge toh kaise chalega?" She forwarded the examination schedule to him.

Sameer looked at the notebook, then looked at her... and slumped lower in the chair... his head in his hands.

Naina got up and came to him, running her fingers in his hair, "Sardard ho raha hai kya? Agar tumhe nahi padhna toh aaram kar lo... so jao thodi der... ya chai bana du tumhe?"

He looked up at her... face full of concern, a frown on her forehead that had creased up thinking about his pain... only, she didn't know that they both were talking about different pains.

Kabhi toh Nazar Milao Part 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें