Faisla

"Sameer jo keh raha hai woh pata hai tumhe?" Anand said in a harsh voice, his eyes fixed on Preeti.

"Ky... kya papa?" She trembled, clutching the back of chair.

"Yeh rishta? Tumhe maloom hai iske baare mein?" His tone made her throat go dry.

Naina felt her heart fall to the pit of her stomach. She had expected chachaji to happily consider this alliance... they all had. But his demeanor now was nowhere close to their expectations.

Preeti lowered her head.

"Chachaji, usse... " Sameer stood up, trying to speak for her.

Anand stalled him, showing his palm, his eyes still on his daughter.

"Main tumse kuch pooch raha hun, Preeti." His voice was grave.

Closing her eyes, Preeti nodded once, not having the courage to face her father.

"Kaisa rishta? Kya hua hai? Kuch bataiye toh sahi... mera dil baitha jaa raha hai." Bela was frantic.

Anand looked at his wife, "Mujhse kya pooch rahi ho... apni beti se poocho."

Bela quickly turned to Preeti, her eyes wide.

There was a fraught silence in the room.

"Tere papa kis rishte ki baat kar rahe hain? Kaunsa rishta aaya hai, Preeti? Bol na." Bela almost screamed.

"Woh, chachiji... woh Pandit... " Naina stepped in.

"Kaunse panditji... bade mandir wale ya chowk ke mandir wale? Kiska rishta bata diya ab unhone?" Bela immediately started to think.

"Panditji nahi... Pandit... Sameer ka dost." Naina said in a soft voice.

Bela's mouth fell open as she turned to look at her, then glared at Preeti who still stood with her head lowered.

"Sun liya tumne? Pandit... apne Sameer ka dost Pandit... jisse hum itne saalon se dekh rahe hain... ab toh ghar bhi aata jaata hai." Anand was enraged.

"Preeti... beta yeh sab kya hai?" Bela uttered in disbelief.

"Aisa kuch nahi hai, chachiji... Preeti aur Pandit toh... " Naina started to explain that they had got together just a few days back.

"Naina." Anand's seething voice made her go mum.

"Main Preeti ke muh se sunna chahta hun." He crossed his arms with indignation.

Naina slipped her hand into Preeti's palm, gripping it tight to give her strength.

Preeti had no idea why her father was so vexed. He had been extremely supportive when Naina had told him about Sameer. In fact, he had given them so much of liberty even before they were married. Why, then, he was suddenly acting like a typical villian of Bollywood movies.

"Bol Preeti." Bela nudged her desperately.

Naina squeezed her hand.

With a deep breath, Preeti made up her mind.

She looked up at her mother, then glanced at her father. For a moment, her resolve faltered seeing the grim line of his mouth. Her gaze shifted to Sameer. He blinked his eyes in assurance.

"Main aur Pandit... hum... hum pasand karte hain ek doosre ko." She said in a low, but firm voice... tightening her hold on Naina's hand.

The three younger people in the room could hear their hearts beating so loud, they were sure everyone else could hear it too.

Kabhi toh Nazar Milao Part 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें