The Fall

The director of the show was discussing about a particular track with Naina when Mayank stealthily reached behind her. Sameer was standing next to her but the actor did not know him.

"Naina ji, aap yahan hain... kabse dhoond raha tha aapko." He said in a scratchy voice.

She jerked, looking back at him... her hand involuntarily reached out to clutch Sameer's arm.

"Jaan, yeh hain na woh Mayank ji jinki tum tareef kar rahi thi?" Sameer wrapped his arm around her waist, bringing her to his other side, himself standing between Mayank and her.

Mayank stared at Sameer, shocked.

"Meri Naina jaldi se kisi ki tareef karti nahi hai... usse lagta hai mujhse zyada koi handsome ho hi nahi sakta." He lovingly smiled at her.

Naina looked up at him, smiling back to join him in his game, unaware what it was.

Sameer turned to Mayank again, dead serious, "Aapki tareef bhi isliye nahi kari ki aap dikhte kaise ho... bas bata rahi thi ki aap dekhte kaise ho... meri Naina ki aapne bhi tareef ki thi shayad... achha laga sunkar... meri jaan hai hi aisi."

Mayank was used to being pampered... this silent threat unnerved him... but he wasn't the one to accept defeat easily, riding on the false bubble of his popularity.

"Sundar hai isiliye ki... ab sundar cheez ki tareef toh karni hi chahiye." Mayank grinned, though not as confident as before.

Sameer slowly raised one hand to pat his cheek, speaking in a low, grave voice, "Cheez nahi hai... biwi hai meri... jaan hai meri... aur agar apni jaan ki parwah hai tujhe toh ek baar bhi uski taraf nazar mat uthana... warna yeh jo chehra hai na... khud dekh ke darr jayega tu... yakeen nahi hai toh koshish kar ke dekh... isse pehle Naina ke saath jisne bhi badtameezi ki hai, unki naak aaj bhi tedhi hai... ab tedhi naak ke saath shooting... waise yeh log yahan tera hi scene taiyar kar rahe hain... producer ke kehne pe... accident hona hai... fir plastic surgery... jaanta hai na iska matlab... ek aur baat... thodi der pehle jo tune kiya tha woh mere dost ne camera mein qaid kar liya hai... tera ghada bhar gaya hai, hero... screen pe hero banne ka itna shouk hai toh asli zindagi mein itna bada villian banne ki aadat chod de... warna mere dost ko do minute nahi lagenge teri recording ko news banane mein."

Mayank gritted his teeth... no one had ever spoken to him like that... but no one had ever threatened to cut short his role either... viewers understood the meaning of plastic surgery of a character... he had a reputation... if one show axed him, others might get the courage to do so too... he had been hearing some dissatisfied murmurs behind his back off late... he had a huge fan base... that was under threat too. This man was aware of his activities, probably when he had forcibly kissed the new girl from another show, outside the washroom... he had captured it on camera. Now the threat loomed larger... if the clipping was aired, he could lose his fan following... worse still, if it was complained to the board, he would not get any roles. Till now he gloated on the fact that there was no evidence of his acts... and he always targeted newcomers, who never had the courage to speak up...this would change in an instant if the news spread. He had seen careers nosedive because of secret filmings. But he was the great hero... how could a mere common man threaten him openly.

"Yeh mat samajhna main tumhari dhamki se darr gaya... inn baaton se mujhe koi fark nahi padta... mere producers ko pata hai mera naam kitna bada hai... tumhare yeh accident, plastic surgery mujh jaise actors ke liye nahi hote... mujhe koi haath lagane ki himmat nahi karega." He tried to appear unfazed but a shudder in his voice could be detected.

Sameer caught on to the slight twitch, "Udhar dekh."

Mayank looked in the direction he pointed... two different reporters smiled at him... he shivered... this man was right... his reputation was at stake... he had spent many years enjoying the fruits of his popularity... having his way with established producers as well as with newcomers... but had managed to save his image in front of the media, getting love and respect from fans... if anyone reports about his deeds, along with proof as this man here says, everything he had earned would go for a toss...

Kabhi toh Nazar Milao Part 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें