Wheels

"Mujhe Munna ka phone aaya tha... Sameer Naina ke liye kuch khaas karna chahta hai uske birthday ke liye." Swati spoke in hushed tone.

"Par Naina ka birthday toh parson hai." Preeti furrowed her brows.

Swati poked her lightly on the head, "Par planning toh abhi se karni padegi na."

"Dekh Swati, tujhe bhi pata hai Naina apne birthday pe udaas rehti hai... usse apni mummy ko khone ka dukh zyada hota hai... kahin woh naaraaz na ho jaye." Preeti was skeptical.

"Sameer se naraaz nahi hogi... dekh lena... ab plan sun." Swati went closer to Preeti's ear, not wanting Naina to hear a single word if she came in suddenly.

Preeti stared at her in shock, "Tujhe pata bhi hai kya keh rahi hai tu... yeh kaise hoga, Swati... yeh toh nahi ho payega."

"Tu Preeti hi hai na... har pange mein sabse aage rehne wali? Aaj kya ho gaya? Apni behen ke liye itna bhi nahi karegi?" Swati narrowed her eyes at her.

She gave a shudder, "Itna nahi hai yeh... bohot saara hai... pata hai na kya kya gadbad ho sakti hai isme? Naina ke saath saath hum bhi taiji ke thappad aur Rakesh tauji ke joote khayenge."

Swati tried to show indifference, "Dekh Preeti, yeh toh humko karna hi hai... tu saath de ya na de... maine Munna ko keh diya hai ki hum sab sambhaal lenge."

Preeti could not stay out of it for long, "Ab keh diya toh kaise mana karun... mere do do jijaji ki baat na manu aisi saali nahi hun."

Swati shrieked with the thrill of adventure they were about to undertake.

By the time Naina came back with the teacups, the two girls had managed to hide their enthusiasm.

Sameer had decided to do something special for Naina's birthday as it would be last when they were not together. He had discussed with Munna Pandit and they agreed after some hesitation. They needed inside help to execute it. Munna called up Swati to make it easier for them. Her initial reaction to the news of marriage was silence. Munna had to shout her name twice before she could come back to her senses. He had told her about his reaction as well... and that he was now okay with it. She heard the plan and immediately agreed... after all now her friend was married to Sameer...

Swati stayed with Naina and Preeti till evening, leaving a little before it started to get dark.

"O bai, aate hi iski matargashti shuru ho gayi... iss ladki ne toh humein badnaam karne ki kasam hi kha li hai." Taiji saw Naina standing at the door to see off Swati and said loudly from her own house.

Naina did not say anything, coming back and closing the main door.

"Arre Naina, tune darwaza kyon band kar diya... hum toh usse khula hi rakhte hai na saara din." Bela was surprised to see the bolted door... she had heard her sister in-law's rude words.

"Band hi rehne dijiye, chachiji... bahar ki hawa kuch theek nahi hai." She remarked before going to her room.

Bela watched her, feeling amazed and proud at the same time... this was not the meek, submissive Naina who would start to shake with fear at taiji's one call from outside. She was happy that her children stood up against the forceful designs of her elders... she herself did not have the courage... being a daughter in law, lots of things would not be acceptable from her... and she knew how much her husband valued family ties... she  could not jeopardize that... in his absence. But she would silently support her children, she was determined.

Next morning, when Naina met Sameer at the temple, he did not mention anything about her birthday... going by his plan of keeping it a secret from her. She did not mention the episode with taiji either.

Kabhi toh Nazar Milao Part 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें