Jaan

Sorry for the delay in posting. Internet has been suspended in my city for 24 hours. I've come across border to complete the story and post... will be able to communicate only tomorrow now.

The sound of singing and music floated in Naina's ears.

"Behen, chal, bua dadi bula rahi hain." Preeti came to the room to call her sister.

After wiping off some of the paste from her face, she went out to the living room again.

Taiji gave an impatient look to her.

"Arre, abhi tak aise hi baithi hai... nahane kyon nahi gayi? Jaldi se naha ke aa jisse main..." She stopped, looking at Phulla bua... knowing very well that if she mentioned that she was dying of hunger, buaji would insult her in front of all the people.

Phulla bua had no intention of being soft with taiji, "Abhi se kyon nahayegi? Thoda ubtan ka asar toh hone de... aur abhi naach gaana karenge... aise hi rasm karke muh pe taala laga ke thodi baithna hai... shaadi hai ghar mein... chalo tum log dholak bajao... aur Preeti, Swati, Neelu... zara apni behen ke liye kuch achhe se gaane gao... kitni aalsi ho sab ki sab."

The music got louder as no one bothered about taiji's upvaas that could end only after Naina's bath.

Ladies played the dholak, the girls danced to the tune of wedding songs, pulling along Bela... even Phulla bua got up to join them for a while... sitting back only when her breathing became difficult.

"Buaji, aap baithiye, main paani lati hun." Bela made her sit back on the swing.

The old lady had water, then smiled at Bela, "Tu itni chinta mat kar, kuch nahi hone wala mujhe... main abhi Preeti ki shaadi mein bhi aise hi nachungi."

"Issi ka toh rona hai." Taiji muttered under her breath.

Phulla bua gave a sideways glance to her... but didn't bother to reply... she had enough plans for her in the next few days.

Naina slipped to the room in between, going out to check in the balcony... but there was no one yet.

Sameer and Munna surrounded Pandit.

"Yeh tum log aise kyon dekh rahe ho jaise kha jaoge?" He narrowed his eyes at them.

"Khaane ke aage sochne ko kaha tha... kar kya raha hai tu... dekh raha hai na Rishi ke iraade... agar usne baat aage badha di aur uske ghar wale bhi maan gaye toh woh log seedhe chachaji se baat karenge." Sameer told him sternly.

"Aur chachaji pehle hi rishta dhoond rahe hain Preeti ke liye." Munna chipped in.

"Arre toh yaar main kya karun? Uske papa hain toh wohi rishta dhundenge na... main thodi dhoondne jaunga." Pandit turned his back towards them in frustration.

Munna rolled his eyes... Pandit was still not ready to see what was clear to them now.

Sameer placed one hand on his shoulder, "Dekh Pandit... "

He was cut by Rahul's voice, "Arre, tum teeno kya baaton mein lag gaye... chal Rishi, laga de yeh wali cassette... Munna Pandit, apne yaar ki shaadi ka dance karenge... aajao."

Loud song started to play from the system... Rahul and Rishi dragged the three of them. Everyone joined the dancing and it was almost an hour later that finally they switched off the music.

"Ramdhari, sabke liye lassi bana do bhai... garmi se haalat kharab ho gayi." Munna wiped the sweat trickling down his face.

"Sameer, aisa karte hain, table fan mangwa lete hain... yeh ceiling fan kaafi nahi hain." Munna suggested.

Kabhi toh Nazar Milao Part 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें