Restless

Naina sat down to study after dinner. Her mind however could not stay focused... constantly going back to what Sameer had said today. Her eyes pooled up, thinking about the loneliness and heartbreak he must have felt at the young age when all children want to be with their mother. She herself used to feel the absence of her mother at that age, in spite of having a loving family around.

He had no one.

She could not imagine how he must have stayed in the hostel... all alone... broken... unloved...

She wanted to love him more... much more... he had spent far too many years missing out on everything... she could not let him suffer any more.

Rushing out to the balcony, she wished he was here... but there was no one. The cover of darkness spread everywhere... similar to what he must have experienced when he was in the hostel.

Naina was restless... she wanted to hide him in her arms, soothe him, assure him, tell him that he would never be alone again... but he was alone now... he needed her.

She went back to the room, rummaging the cupboard to see if there was anything she could wear to carry out the plan she had in mind...

Sameer stood in the window... looking out into the quiet night... but he did not feel the darkness reach him anymore. The healing touch of his angel had given him the serenity that was missing from some corner in his heart.

A knock on the door made him wonder who it could be. He walked up to the door, opening it to find someone dressed in black from head to toe, head lowered.

Before he could react, the dark figure pushed him to enter the room, closing the door behind.

"Heyy... kaun ho tum?" Sameer stumbled, his eyes going wide.

The figure removed the cap...

"Naina... " He gaped, open mouthed.

She was dressed in black jeans and a loose black t-shirt, hair tied up in a bun which was covered by a cap till now.

"Hi." She grinned.

He rubbed his eyes... there had to be a mistake... it couldn't be her.

When the image still remained intact in front of him, he went closer, taking slow steps. Gingerly, he put one finger ahead and touched her shoulder.

It was her... in person... in his room in the hostel... at this time of the night...

He stood dumbfounded...

Going on her toes, she pecked his lips, without touching him with hands.

"Ab yakeen aaya?" She raised her brows.

Some cells of his brain started to function.

Naina was here in his room...

He grabbed her shoulders, stared for a few seconds... and crushed her in his arms. A deep shudder ran through her as she wrapped her arms tight around him... this is the comfort she wanted to give him... the comfort of her arms... of being with him.

"Tum.. yahan... yahan.. kar kya rahi ho tum... agar koi tumhe dekh leta toh?" He asked after a few minutes, still finding it difficult to believe.

She smiled at him, without speaking.

"Naina, bolo kya hua? Sab theek hai na... tum yahan kyon aayi? Matlab kaise? Matlab aisa kya hua? Tum toh meri tarah pipe se nahi aa sakti." He let out the barrage of questions.

She continued to smile.

His heart flipped, "Tum pipe se aayi ho kya? Pagal toh nahi ho... gir jaati toh? Lag jaati toh kya hota? Socha hai tumhe chot lagti toh mera kya haal hota... tumhe kya zaroorat thi itna risk uthane ki?"

Kabhi toh Nazar Milao Part 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें