Mine... forever

Naina checked her watch to realise they had been studying for almost two hours. It was past midnight. She looked at Sameer. He was awake, engrossed in writing something in his notebook.

She smiled... aware that he was working hard only for her sake... to make her happy. His own interest was only to pass the examination and get a degree. Only because she wanted him to perform better, he had constantly been doing it since first year. Naina's heart filled up with pride and love.

She rested her hands on the bed, bending towards him, and planted a kiss on his cheek.

Sameer looked up at her with a jerk, startled.

"Naina... yeh kya?" He held a palm to his cheek.

"Kya... arre... kiss hi toh kiya hai... thappad thodi mara hai jo tum aise aankhen phaad ke dekh rahe ho... aur muh band karo... makkhi ghus jayegi." She frowned.

He immediately closed his mouth... staring at her... and broke into a grin.

"Aise achanak pyar dikhana toh mera kaam hai... tumne kiya toh main zara chaunk gaya tha... par achha laga... main wapas padhta hun... tum apna kaam karti raho." He looked down at the books, cheek extended towards her.

"Bas ab ho gayi aaj ki padhai... chalo so jao... baaki kal." She chuckled.

He made a face at her, then smiled and started to close the books.

When he was done, Naina switched off the light, flicking the night lamp on, and sat on the bed, fluffing her pillow.

"Tumhara takiya toh yeh hai." He reminded her, spreading his arm.

She smiled, immediately going to him.

"Mujhe laga tum itna padh ke thak gaye hoge toh shayad aise disturb hoge." She settled in the crook of his arm, hand on his chest.

"Haan, disturb hota hun... jab tum paas nahi hoti." He wound his arm around her, drawing her closer.

"Main hamesha hi paas hoti hun." She snuggled into him.

"Hoti ho par kabhi kabhi hi mujhe dekhti ho." The corners of his lips dipped, like a child.

"Sameer, aisa kyon keh rahe ho?" She turned her face towards him, worried at his whining.

"Aur kya kahun, tumhare liye aaj white shirt pehna tha... tumne ek baar theek se dekha tak nahi." He brooded.

A knowing smile spread on her face. His self obsession always needed her appreciation as well. She raised herself on the elbow, looking down at him.

"Bohot handsome lag rahe the tum... maine subah jab dekha tabhi socha tha... Sonali ke ghar pe bhi meri aankhen tum par hi thi... socha wapas aake bataungi par..." Her eyes slipped down to his chest, recalling how he had opened his button after one had come apart.

"Par?" He raised one brow.

"Nahi, bas... bas mauka nahi mila." She said softly.

"Toh ab bata do... ab toh mauka hai na." He lifted one hand to roll a strand of her falling hair around his finger.

"Tum hamesha hi itne achhe lagte ho... har shirt mein... school uniform mein bhi lagte the... tabhi toh sab ladkiyan marti thi tumpe." She pinched his nose.

"Sabka toh pata nahi... par ek ka pata chala tha mujhe... matlab kuch kuch ahsaas hota tha." He rubbed his thumb on the hair rolled on his index finger, feeling their silkiness.

"Woh ek toh pehli nazar mein hi mar gayi thi... aur aaj bhi wohi haal hai." She smiled shyly.

He lifted her hand from his chest and brought to his lips, kissing the palm, "Naina, kaash main bhi tab pehchaan paata ki tum kya ho mere liye... tumhare saath rehne ke do saal maine ganwa diye."

Kabhi toh Nazar Milao Part 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें