Keemat

Naina was waiting outside her hostel when Sameer stepped out of his building. One look at her face and he knew she had also been up the whole night.

Walking up to her, he held her hands, "Naina, tum itni pareshan mat ho... chachaji aur Phulla bua dono humare saath hain... woh kuch galat thodi sochenge humare liye... aur sirf ghar hi toh bulaya hai... kaunsa wapas Ahmedabad bula rahe hain jo tum itna darr rahi ho."

Naina had been thinking about all possible scenarios that could have caused this summon... the scariest was that her father had somehow come to know about Sameer and now he wanted Naina to leave Mumbai. When she shared it with Sameer, he was also tensed, but decided to stand up for his love this time.

"School mein hamesha tumhare papa ke baare mein soch ke main peeche hat gaya, Naina... lekin iss baar nahi... ab agar tumhare papa ne humein alag karne ki koshish ki toh main kuch bhi kar sakta hun... jaanta hun woh tumhare pita hain par unhe hum dono ke beech mein nahi aane dunga... kya tum mera saath dogi?" He knew it would be difficult for her to go against her father but he had to know.

Naina thought about all the times when Rakesh had ignored her existence, giving all his attention to Arjun.

"Main tumhare saath hun, Sameer... agar iske liye mujhe papa ke khilaaf bhi jaana pada toh main ek second ke liye bhi nahi sochungi... tumse alag hone ka toh sawaal hi nahi uthta... aur papa kabhi mere saath the hi nahi jo mujhe unse alag jaane ka dukh ho." Her voice was firm.

They looked at each other with a new determination and some sense of relief.

The ride to Phulla bua's house took about half an hour. Sameer stopped her as she was about to ring the bell.

Placing his hands on her shoulders, he looked into her eyes, "I Love You."

Without any hesitation, Naina went into his arms, "I Love You too, Sameer... bohot zyada."

They felt much calmer when they entered the house five minutes later.

Phulla bua was seated on the sofa while Anand stood next to her after opening the door. The grim lines on their faces conveyed the seriousness of the matter.

Sameer touched bua dadi's and chachaji's feet as mark of respect. Anand stroked Naina's head as she hugged him.

When she looked at bua dadi, the old lady spread her arms, giving an emotional smile.

Naina sat with her immediately, resting her head on bua dadi's chest.

"Tere baap ko iss zindagi mein toh akal aane se rahi... bete ke aage usse kuch dikhayi nahi deta." She muttered, clutching Naina against her heart.

Naina realised that everything had to do with her father's phone call.

"Kya hua hai, chachaji? Papa kyon aana chahte hain yahan pe?" She asked, straightening up.

Anand settled on a chair opposite Sameer. He looked at both of them, then at Phulla bua.

She nodded, "Bade ho gaye hain yeh ab, inhe sab pata hona chahiye... aakhir zindagi toh inki hi hai... bata de."

Anand lowered his eyes, "Naina, tum toh jaanti ho Rakesh bhaisahab ke liye Arjun ka cricket team mein selection kitni ahmiyat rakhta hai... apna saara paisa aur samay unhone issi kaam mein laga diya hai itne saalon se."

Naina was well aware of her father's desire to see Arjun bhaiya get selected for the national team. She used to feel bad earlier that he gave no importance to her needs and achievements. But over the years, the need for a father figure in her life had been limited to chachaji and she felt no requirement for her own father's love.

Kabhi toh Nazar Milao Part 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें