An assignment?

The next morning, they discussed things during breakfast.
"Now that we know that Dragunov isn't the culprit," said Shasha. "So what is our next move?"
"We go to the Mishima Zaibatsu and see Dr Bosconovitch," said Nina. "And Yoshimitsu too."
"Is it possible to speak to Bryan Fury?" asked Katarina. "You said he had a close relationship with him before killing Abel right?"
"Yes he had," said Nina. "But Abel abandoned him. So Dr Bosconovitch helped him. He ungraciously shoved him aside after he got up. He killed many Manji clan soldiers too."
"That's why Yoshimitsu hates him and I don't blame him one bit," said Adam. "Yoshimitsu wants to avenge his clan."
"Does Dr Bosconovitch know anything about Dr Abel?" asked Shasha. "Like we need info on Abel, not necessarily Bryan."
"Yes he does," said Adam. "He always mentioned that they were rivals. Dr. B always wanted to know what he was up to and thats why he kept Bryan's old body and made him a new one."
"So he probably used the same substance on Bryan," said Steve. "So he probably knows it. All we have to do is take a look at Bryan's old body."
"Who is this Bryan guy anyway?" asked Shasha. "Like he suddenly came out of no where and became a cyborg and shoved two scientist, injuring one and killing the other?"
"Yes that's basically it," said Nina. "He used to be a soldier and a police officer. He was always had connections with drug dealers."
"Lei told me about it once," said Steve. "He used to be a good detective too but was killed in a shoot-out in Hong Kong. Lei was there too and he knew that Bryan's body mysteriously disappeared and he came back alive during the third tournament."
They discussed more stuff about Bryan before leaving for work. As usual Shasha went to her detective school. They had lessons as usual and she chatted with Ella during recess. The lecturer was giving out an assignment to the students.
"I want you to get into pairs," said the lecturer. "Each pair will have a representative to come forward and pick a random name out of this box. These are names of dangerous criminals. Find out as much as you can about them and make sure you at least find their backstory if you can't find anything. This assignment will determine 30% of your examination marks."
"But Miss Angus," said Shasha. "It's only the first term."
"In case you forgot," said the lecturer. "You only study here for two terms."
"Oh yeah," said Shasha, remembering. "I forgot about it, sorry."
So a person from each pair went forward to pick a name from the teacher. Ella went as a representative while Shasha waited. Ella came back kinda confused.
"I got a weird name," said Ella. "It's a guy by the name of Bryan Fury. Must be a very angry guy."
"What?" asked Shasha, surprised. "Bryan Fury? The cyborg?"
"You know him?" asked Ella. "Who is he?"
"He was a soldier then became a detective," said Shasha. "He got killed, but got reanimated and became a cyborg."
"So how did he become a criminal?" asked Ella.
"He was connected to drug dealers," said Shasha. "I think you should follow me to the place I live."
"Sure I'll come with you," said Ella. "I'll inform my parents."
Shasha started texting in their group.
Shasha: I'll be having a friend over
Shasha: She wants to know about Bryan Fury
Nina: What?
Nina: That was supposed to be a secret
Anna: Y did u tell her about it?
Steve: U're gonna break our cover...
Shasha: I didn't say anything!
Shasha: My lecturer gave us an assignment
Shasha: It is that she gives us a name of a criminal and we should investigate them
Shasha: N we coincidentally got Bryan
Adam: What a connection
Shasha: Exactly
Nina: We were only talking about him this morning
Anna: At least u have a reason to cover up ur investigation
Shasha: What bit of luck!
Steve: Mysteries just seem to follow you around...
Shasha: N urs was the first of all
Steve: ...
Steve: Good point
Nina: Technically mine first
Steve: That counts as mine too btw
Nina: Whatever...
Anna: What is going on here?
Anna: What was the mystery?
Steve: The mystery was the identity of my father
Adam: I AM THE MYSTERY
Nina: ??
Shasha: Well not any more...
Shasha: We cracked it together
Anna: Mostly because of me
Nina: That's because Jin updated the database
Anna: At least I helped...
Steve: It wasn't updated two years ago
Shasha: Luckily Jin did now
Shasha: Remember how Jun had to distract Nina?
Nina: She made me more bored...
Anna: At least she tried to entertain you
Shasha: K bye I have to leave school now
So after classes, Shasha and Ella walked back to Nina's mansion.
"Your place is so near," said Ella. "You're lucky."
"It isn't exactly my place," said Shasha. "It's a friend's place."
So they entered the house and sat on the sofa.
"You wait first," said Shasha, getting up. "I need to prepare lunch for everyone. Do you wanna help?"
"Sure I will," said Ella, getting up too. "I might as well help you, I have nothing to do."
They went to the kitchen and started cooking. They prepared a simple lunch and set the food out on the dining table when the others arrived.
"Hi there," said Ella. "I'm Ella. I'm Shasha's friend."
"Hi there," said the others in unison.
"So I'm guessing that you want information about Bryan Fury?" asked Nina and Ella nodded.
"It's an assignment," said Ella. "I didn't know who Bryan Fury was until Shasha told me about him."
"Yeah," said Steve. "We know his whole history."
"We even know who turned him into a cyborg," said Adam. "We have a mutual friend."
"What?" asked Ella. "You know the scientist that turned him into a cyborg?"
"Yes we'll meet him tomorrow," said Nina. "He works at the Mishima Zaibatsu."
"Looks as if we need another SUV..." said Anna. "There's seven of us, again..."
"I think we'll just bring two cars," said Adam. "The Mishimas might get annoyed with us borrowing cars from their company all the time..."
"So what should we do now?" asked Ella. "If there's nothing, then I think I should go home. I'll come back tomorrow."
She said goodbye to everyone and left.
"Well now what do we do?" asked Shasha. "Should we go see Dr Bosconovitch?"
"Yes we should," said Nina. "I didn't wanna mention this in front of your friend."
"Yeah me too," said Shasha. If she hears about it she'd be very curious to know the whole story..."
They went to the Mishima Zaibatsu and went to the lab in the basement.