Anna's birthday morning

"Ahhhh!" shouted Anna, and slapped the nearest person, which happened to be Nina.
"Hey!" said Nina.
"Oh sorry Nins...." said Anna. "What is this? You remembered my birthday? How thoughtful!"
"Well you're our best friend after all," said Shasha. "So we decided to do this."
"Lee, you're here too?" said Anna, after seeing Lee. "No wonder you hastily dropped me off..."
"Well yes," said Lee. "I wouldn't let you miss this excellent party..."
"Aww that's so sweet of you guys..." said Anna, touched. "Wonder what else you have in store for me..."
"Nothing else," said Nina. "Now go to bed, it's late..."
"Huh that's harsh..." said Anna. "Lee what happened to your eye? It's looks swollen."
"Well, Steve happened to it," said Lee. "I was sneaking in through the back door for the surprise, and the next thing I knew, I was punched in the face..."
"Yeah sorry about that, Mr Lee..." said Steve. "I thought you were a prowler sneaking into the house..."
So Anna went off to bed, confused. Lee went back to his mansion. They slept that night, feeling excited with what was gonna happen the next day. The next day, they all woke up. Nina decided to make some chocolate and raspberry muffins for breakfast, specially for Anna's birthday. She made her some express coffee too. She served it up to her in her room while she was still in bed.
"Wake up, Anna," said Nina, gently shaking her. "I made you your favourite chocolate and raspberry muffins and some express coffee for breakfast."
"Huh? What's this?" said Anna, waking up with a start. "Who are you and what have you done to my sister?"
"Anna, what are you talking about?" asked Nina, confused. "It's really me..."
"Well if it really was Nina, I wouldn't be receiving this kind of treatment," said Anna. "I would've been woken up by a bucket of water or with loud music or gunfire shots or all three at once! It isn't often for me too wake up to you serving me breakfast, in fact, it has never happened before! Never in my whole life!"
Nina just shrugged.
"Once in a while I treat my sister nicely," said Nina, with a smile. "It's your birthday, after all."
"Do we have to go to work today?" asked Anna and Nina shook her head. "Yes! Can we do this more often?"
"Sure why not?" said Nina. "Finish your breakfast and wear that dress after freshening up."
"Wait what?" asked Anna. "You bought me a dress? Aww thanks! Sure I'll put it on after this."
"Okay while that, watch some tv while having your breakfast," said Nina, switching on the television that was in Anna's bedroom. "Here's the remote."
So Anna watched her favourite show while having her breakfast in bed. After that, she wanted to go downstairs to put away the breakfast tray that Nina brought her. Turns out, Nina was waiting for her outside her bedroom door to take the breakfast tray.
"Thanks I'll get this for you," said Nina, taking it from Anna. "Go freshen up and wear that dress."
"Uhh okay," said Anna. She was a little weirded out by Nina's suddenly kind behaviour. "I guess I'll be going then..."
"Okay, take your time," said Nina. "We'll be waiting!"
"What is up with her?" asked Anna aloud after closing the door and locking it. "Is she possessed by an angel or something? Or is she planning to kill me?"
She went to the bathroom and took a nice long bath. While she was bathing, the others were discussing downstairs.
"So how are we gonna transport her to the banquet hall?" asked Shasha. "Like it wouldn't be much of a surprise if we just bring her there..."
"How about we kidnap her?" asked Adam and the others groaned. "Like what you did to me during college?"
"What did she do to you during your college years?" asked Steve, eagerly. "Come on, tell me!"
"Well..." began Adam. They told the story to Steve, alternating between Nina and Adam.
Many years ago, when Nina was still dating Adam in college back in Ireland, Nina and Anna had planned a birthday party for Adam. They prepared the party in some club and then made Adam dress up all nice. When the time came, Nina made his friends kidnap him and bring him to the party. And that's exactly what they did, only, they over did it. They wore masks like bandits, shoved him into a van and threatened to kill Adam if he did anything that dragged attention. Adam was scared stiff, because there were at least six of them, that even if he tried to attack he would've been bested because they all had weapons too, fake weapons they were...
And then, the van broke down in the middle of the road. Adam got out of the van and ran away as fast as he can.
"Oh no he ran away," said one of his friends and chased after him. "He's gonna ruin our plan!"
"Adam come back, you idiot!" shouted another one of them. "You're gonna get us caught by the police."
Adam stopped and turned around after hearing the familiar voices.
"Daniel and Matthew?" asked Adam. "What are you guys doing?"
His friends were breathless when they caught up to Adam. They had been running so much. Adam was a very fast runner, still is. He was an athlete back when he was still in high school and he always made into the running team.
"We were planning a surprise for you," said Daniel, taking off his mask. "But it looks like you're gonna get the police on us..."
"Yeah, Adam..." said Matthew. "It's a birthday party. You better come with us, or else your girlfriend is gonna kill us..."
"Wait Nina actually planned this?" asked Adam, shocked. "That's so sweet of her, but is the kidnapping really necessary?"
"It was her plan after all," said Daniel. "Anyway, come with us, the party is gonna start."
So they went to the party and the surprise was ruined. The day was kinda ruined too...
Back to present time...
"So that's how your mother planned a party for me," said Adam, with a smile. "And that's why I like her."
Steve said nothing because he couldn't. He was laughing uncontrollably after hearing Adam's flashback.
"Oh my gosh," was all Steve managed to say, between laughter. "I can't! Oh I can't! I can just imagine all of it happening now..."
"Me too," said Shasha, laughing. "Okay now back to our plan. How on earth are we gonna bring Anna there?"