The truth

"Something's up with Xiao," thought Amber. "Something is definitely going on in her mind..."
"What is it, Xiao?" asked Jin, when he realised that she wasn't so cheerful. "Why are so silent?"
"Oh it's nothing," said Xiaoyu. "I was just thinking about the fun I had in the amusement parks."
Just then her phone started vibrating.
"Oh my gosh, I forgot to reply to these two," said Xiaoyu. "And now they're giving me a conference call... I better go and speak to them first..."
She went to the room that she shared with Amber and answered the call. She was immediately rewarded with shouts and worried questions.
"Xiao! Where have you been?!" shouted Miharu over the phone. "You were missing for a long time that we came to the conclusion that you've been kidnapped, or worse!"
"Sorry, guys," said Xiaoyu, meekly. "I got carried away in the amusement park..."
"Well, that isn't a reason for you to ignore us," said Alisa. "Did you even read your texts?"
"Umm no?" said Xiaoyu. "Sorry... I was having dinner..."
"Xiaoyu!!" shouted both Miharu and Alisa in unison, deafening Xiaoyu's right ear.
"Sorry guys..." said Xiaoyu, apologetically. "I just... I forgot about you guys after what happened..."
"What happened?!" asked Miharu. "What happened when we were texting you?!"
"Umm it's actually nothing," said Xiaoyu, trying to cover up. "I was... on a... roller coaster and I almost fell out because the seatbelt snapped. It took me sometime to recover from it..."
"What?!" asked Alisa. "You were texting us on a ROLLER COASTER?!"
"Uh... y-yes?" said Xiaoyu. "It was hard, but yeah."
"Xiaoyu!!" said both of them in unison again.
"What if you died?" asked Miharu, dramatically. "What would I say to Panda? She would've been devastated, just think about it!"
Just then Panda grunted at the back.
"Is that Panda?" asked Xiaoyu, hearing the sound. "Miharu, put the phone on speaker mode, I wanna speak to her."
"Okay," said Miharu and put her phone in speaker.
"Panda!" exclaimed Xiaoyu. "I'm sorry I didn't bring you with me, but I have something to make up for it. I have a souvenir for you! It's a little stuffed toy panda! Just like you."
Panda grunted in response when she heard Xiaoyu's voice. It was a loving grunt, and Xiaoyu understood this.
"Yeah I miss you too," said Xiaoyu. "Don't worry, Panda, it's only for a few more days."
"Hey I gotta go," said Miharu. "It's bedtime for me, and I have to do something important tomorrow, so bye!"
"Bye Miharu," said Alisa and Xiaoyu in unison when Miharu hung up.
"So it's just the two of us now, then," said Xiaoyu. "So what have you been doing?"
"Nothing much," said the android. "I've been helping Nina with the CEO stuff."
"Hard work, huh," said Xiaoyu. "Well, how is Nina doing as the CEO?"
"She's fine," said Alisa. "Just not used to it. Well I don't blame her, she had a bad experience of being the CEO before this."
"Yeah," said Xiaoyu. "I guess it's even harder without Anna."
"Yes it is," said Alisa. "Even worse without Lars. Anyway, what's he doing? It's been a while."
"Oh he's enjoying himself with his family," said Xiaoyu. "Mainly with Kazuya and Jin."
"That's good," said Alisa. "Glad to see him enjoying a bit."
"You should have seen him when Jin was trying to tell Nina about the holiday," said Xiaoyu, laughing. "Nina asked if Lars can do it instead. He just took the phone from Jin and was like 'JOKES ON YOU, IM GOING WITH THEM TOO!' Can you imagine that?"
"Lars said that?" asked Alisa, shocked. She was recharging while talking to Xiaoyu. "I never knew Lars could say stuff like that! Like he's usually so... so soldier-like."
"None of us did," said Xiaoyu, laughing. "He said it was because the holiday mood was getting to him. He even gave an evil laugh like BWAHAHAHAHAHA!"
"Wait what?!" asked Alisa, amused and astonished. "He laughed like that?!"
"Yes he did," said Xiaoyu. "Can you imagine it? LARS doing that?"
"That's enough talking about Lars," came Amber's laughing voice, suddenly. "Do you know what time it is?"
"Huh?" said Xiaoyu, turning around. "Oh Auntie Amber! Sorry, Alisa, I've gotta go."
"Now don't call me that, Xiao," said Amber, when Xiaoyu hung up. "Do you even know how old I am?"
"Umm..." said Xiaoyu. "Auntie Jun's age?"
"WRONG!" said Amber. "I'm younger than you... mentally, maybe not. Physically, I'm only 31, since the DNA that Heihachi collected from Jun was taken when Jun was only 27 years old. Don't ask me how he collected it, because I don't know."
"Well, okay Amber," said Xiaoyu. "I won't call you auntie anymore, okay?"
"Okay," said Amber. "We should get to bed. It's really late."
"Huh? Bedtime already?" said Xiaoyu, not wanting to go to bed yet. "Can't I stay awake a bit longer?"
"Nope," said Amber. "By the way, I wanna have a word with you."
"I thought you didn't want to be called auntie," said Xiaoyu. "But you behave like an auntie."
"Xiaoyu..." said Amber, annoyed. "Fine, call me whatever you want, but I want to ask you about something."
"You want to ask me something?" asked Xiaoyu. "What is it?"
"Well..." said Amber, thinking how to ask her. "Is something bothering you?"
"What?" asked Xiaoyu. "What makes you think that?"
"Ever since you came back from the amusement park, you seem different," said Amber. "What happened at the amusement park? Tell me exactly why you came late."
""Li-Like is said," said Xiaoyu. "I got carried away with the rides."
"You're not good at lying, Xiao," said Amber, pulling Xiaoyu to the nearest bed and sat herself next to Xiaoyu. "Come on, tell me, I can keep a secret."
"Only if you promise to not tell anyone else," said Xiaoyu after a sigh. "Especially not Jin and Auntie Jun."
"Okay, I won't," said Amber. "Your secret's safe with me."
"Well, I was walking around the amusement park when I came across a section that was closed for maintenance," said Xiaoyu. "I was gonna turn back, but I was suddenly surrounded by a group of men in creepy looking masks!"
"What?!" asked Amber, surprised and worried. "What did they look like? What kinda masks were they wearing?"
"They were wearing weird and pointy looking masks," said Xiaoyu, much to Amber's surprise and confusion. "They looked like- like- like plague doctors!"
"Plague doctors?" asked Amber, terrified at the thought. "What were creepy men in plague doctor outfits doing in an amusement park?"
"I DON'T KNOW," said Xiaoyu, afraid. "But I know one thing, and one thing only. They were after me, and only me."
"What happened after that?" asked Amber, more concerned. "Did they try rob you? Did they hurt you?"
"Well, I didn't let them to even lay a finger on me," said Xiaoyu, with a victorious smile. "I knocked them all out! They underestimated me, and thought I was just a little girl in pigtails, but I showed them what a little girl like me can do!"
"I'm proud of you, Xiao," said Amber, hugging Xiaoyu. "But who were they? Why were they after you? Did they say anything?"
"They said that I can't escape them or something like that," said Xiaoyu. "I think they were trying to capture me. There's something familiar about their outfits, though."
"What was it?" asked Amber. "Can you remember where you've seen them?"
"Well, I can't quite place it," said Xiaoyu, regretfully. "Anyway, I won't let my guard down."