The Mishima dinner

The next day, they all woke up to the smell of breakfast from downstairs. They went down to see Alisa making breakfast in the kitchen.
"Ah I see that you're all awake now," said Alisa. "I decided to make breakfast as soon as I was done recharging. I made you guys your favourite breakfast."
"Well what did you make?" asked Xiaoyu. "I bet you made everyone a special dish."
"Yes I did," said Alisa. "Hash browns for Nina and Steve, an English breakfast for Adam, pancakes with chocolate sauce for Shasha, wonton noodles for Xiaoyu, blueberry pancakes for Jun and Amber, fried peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for Jin, bacon and eggs for Kazuya and last but not least smörgås sandwiches for Lars."
"You actually made our favourite breakfast food?" asked Shasha. "That's actually really thoughtful of you!"
"But how did you get the ingredients?" asked Nina. "The fridge wasn't well stocked."
"Oh don't worry," said Alisa. "I went and bought them."
"Aww you didn't have to," said Nina. "I'll pay you for them later."
"Oh you don't have to," said Alisa. "It's all on the Zaibatsu."
"I should have known," said Jin. "But I guess it's okay..."
"Hey I'm still not through with you," said Jun when Xiaoyu left the kitchen with her wonton noodles. "How could you leave Xiao on the ground like that?"
"I was just too sleepy!" said Jin. "I couldn't even keep my eyes open!"
"Hmm," said Jun thinking. "To make up for it, you're gonna cook us some lunch."
"Wait what?" asked Jin, surprised and shocked. "What do you want me to cook?"
"Well..." said Jun thinking. "You can cook Xiao's favourite dishes."
"What?!" asked Jin. "Are you serious?"
"Yes I am," said Jun. "I did teach you how to cook right?"
"Yes, but you didn't teach me to cook Chinese food!" said Jin. "You only thought me how to cook... nabemono and... takoyaki?"
"That's why the internet exists, duh," said Lars, leaving the kitchen with his sandwiches. "Go search up the recipes."
"I'm sure it would be fun," said Kazuya, taking his breakfast from the counter. "I've never seen you cook. You raised him well, Jun."
"Well I've never seen you cook too, Kazuya," said Jun. "Why don't you join him?"
"Uh oh," said Kazuya. "I should've just kept my mouth shut."
"Serve you right, Kazuya," said Lars, laughing. "Let's see how you cook."
"My senses say that you can cook too," said Alisa suddenly, much to Lars's surprise. "I did a background check to make sure, and I was right."
"Why don't you help them, Lars?" said Nina. "Oh come on, it would be fun!"
"Yes you should," said Jin. "I did the background check too."
"Oh great," said Lars. "Thanks, Alisa."
"You should help them," said Alisa. "Father once told me that helping others is the way we help ourselves. And that's why he gave Jack a conscience, and that's why he helped Jane to escape."
"Fine, I'll cook with you guys," said Lars. "But I'm definitely not gonna do all the important stuff while you guys do the easy work."
They suddenly heard a gasp, followed by a head peeking into the kitchen.
"Did I hear that Jin, uncle Kazuya and Lars are gonna COOK?" asked Xiaoyu. "Oh my gosh I would love to see it!!"
"Yeah they are," said Jun. "Now everyone, get on with your breakfast."
So after breakfast, the Mishimas sat on the couch and started discussing what to cook while searching up recipes on their phones. It usually ended with them arguing.
"Can't we just cook dinner instead?" asked Jin. "We have no idea what we should cook for lunch..."
"Fine you can cook dinner," said Jun. "Decide fast, and go get the ingredients."
"Okay we will," said Kazuya. "I can't believe that I went from CEO of a cutting-edge biotech firm, to home cook chef in ONE week."
"Admit it, this is way better than hunting down your family and killing them," said Lars. "And trying to end your family bloodline."
"Fine, I admit," said Jin. "It is way better than that."
"There we go," said Lars. "Come on, we should really choose what we should cook."
"Jin, Xiao is your girlfriend," said Kazuya. "YOU should know what her favourite food is."
"Let me see..." said Jin, thinking. "She likes Takoyaki.... then Chinese steamed buns? Shrimp dumplings? Oh and... Peking Duck!
"Why didn't you tell us earlier?" asked Lars, annoyed. "Come on, lets go get the ingredients."
"Hey so what's for lunch then?" asked Steve, suddenly appearing. "Everyone is waiting for lunch too."
"I ordered some teriyaki chicken rice for everyone," said Jin, looking at his phone. "It'll be delivered in half an hour."
So the Mishimas went shopping for groceries. They had some trouble shopping, because they ended up fighting instead.
Meanwhile, Anna and Lee were riding in Lee's private jet. They had decided to leave earlier because Anna insisted.
"But why?" asked Lee. "Why did you wanna go back early? I thought you wanted to stay in the Bahamas longer?"
"Well I can't," said Anna. "I just can't stand it! I can't stand not knowing what Nina was up to."
"Fine," said Lee. "I wanna know too. Something tells me it had something to do with my adoptive family..."
"I'm pretty sure it is," said Anna. "Anyway, how long more to Tokyo?"
"Well our flight is scheduled to land at six," said Lee. "So we have about three hours left."
"Great," said Anna. "We'll be just in time for dinner. Why don't you join us?"
"Sure!" said Lee. "I'll join you for dinner."
"Wonder what they prepared for dinner," said Anna. "I think they'll just order some food..."
They had no idea that the Mishimas were staying over at Nina's too. Even more, they didn't expect that the Mishima men were gonna cook dinner.
Meanwhile at Nina's mansion, the Mishimas were cooking in the kitchen. They were getting on well, and were proud of themselves. Jun was observing them and was proud of them too. They prepared Peking Duck, Takoyaki, some shrimp dumplings and a pot of Keemun black tea.
They served the food on the dining table where the others were waiting, especially Xiaoyu.
"Dinner is served," said Jin. "And if I were Lee, I would say-"
"Excellent!" said a voice suddenly.
Everyone looked at where the voice was coming and it was Lee, with Anna. They had let themselves in and were astonished to see them all waiting eagerly on the dining table and the Mishimas serving dinner.
"Lee?!" exclaimed everyone in surprise.
"Yes it is," said Lee, smugly. "It is I, the one and only Lee Chaolan."
"You don't have to be so dramatic about it," said Kazuya. "So why have you decided to arrive earlier?"
"Well I guessed something was up when Nina said her phone was destroyed," said Anna. "So I just had to come back to see what's going on. And I guessed it has something to do with the Mishimas, and by looking at the situation here, I think I was right."
"We'll explain it later," said Nina. "Now, we should have dinner first."
"I never knew you three could cook," said Lee. "I hope whatever you've done is good."
"Of course it is," said Lars. "Come on, join us!"
They ate and it surprisingly tasted good. Lee couldn't believe that it was his adoptive family that cooked it.
"If you guys became chefs instead of hunting each other down, you would've achieved so much," said Lee.
"We wouldn't have been CEOs if we pursued culinary career," said Kazuya. "We have it better. Don't you think, Jin?"
"Umm... no?" said Jin. "Like it could've prevented a war, so many murders and the growth of the Devil Gene."
"Fine it's true," said Kazuya. "But I prefer being a CEO."