The new classmate

They left Shasha at her detective school. She went to her class and saw an unusual guy at her usual seat. He had white hair and a scar on the left side of his face, across his eye and was wearing a pair of camouflage pants with a green sweater. She saw Ella waving at the seat behind him and went to sit next to her. He had a tattoo at each side of his neck
"Hey who's that guy?" whispered Shasha to Ella. "He must be new, since he's sitting at our place. Looks older too..."
"I don't really know," whispered Ella with a shrug. "I think he might be a new substitute teacher who wants to sit at a students place for good measure."
"I have a hunch," whispered Shasha. "I think he might be Bryan Fury!"
"What?" said Ella forgetting to whisper, but then quickly started whispering again. "You sure? What makes you think that?"
"I don't know," said Shasha. "He looks unusual to be a teacher, looks too old to be a student, so I guess that's the only explanation."
"How are we to know?" asked Ella. "Is he wearing a name tag like we are?"
"No he's not," said Shasha. "Only one way to find out."
She scrunched up a piece of paper and threw it at Bryan's back before Ella could stop her. He turned around and she confirmed that he couldn't be a teacher.
"Are you by any chance Bryan Fury?" she asked and he nodded. "Well then, I'm Shasha, your new classmate and this is Ella."
Ella just awkwardly waved.
They introduced themselves and then they continued with their class when the trainer arrived. This time, Lei Wulong came in with her. He was explaining why Bryan arrived and all that, which Shasha already knew.
"What did you just do?" whispered Ella. "I almost got a heart attack when you did that!"
"Relax, Ella," whispered Shasha. "They brainwashed him for good. So there's no harm, for now..."
She received a text from their group chat.
Steve: We've got a problem
Nina: What is it?
Anna: Have you seen Dr B?
Steve: Yes I have
Steve: He says that he can't give us the Bryan's weakness..
Shasha: But y?
Steve: Because it takes time
Steve: We can't carry out our plan today...
Katarina: What?!
Katarina: I was already looking forward to defeating him!
Nina: When will it be ready?
Steve: He says he's not sure
Adam: I think he's telling the truth
Adam: He likes to do things patiently and never lies
Shasha: So it's not today, then?
Anna: Nope
Anna: Btw, have u seen Bryan?
Shasha snapped a picture of Bryan's back
Nina: Ahahaha
Nina: He's sitting right in front of u?
Shasha: He actually stole my usual spot...
Shasha: But luckily Ella bagged another spot for me
Steve: Y is this so funny tho
Adam: Yeah like you wanted to find him and he actually took ur usual spot
Shasha: I didn't even know who he was
Shasha: But then it dawned on me
Anna: What did Ella say?
Shasha: She's awkward about it...
Nina: Figures...
Steve: So I guess u just have to befriend him for now
Steve: I know u're good at that sorta thing
Shasha: Really?
Nina: Yeah u r
Shasha: So I guess what my friend said was right then...
Adam: What did she say?
Shasha: She said that I have this natural 'aura' that makes people wanna talk to me...
Nina: That's so trueeee
Shasha: Really?
Anna: Yessss
Anna: U're such a friendly person...
Steve: I agree too
Steve: That's why we instantly became friends
Shasha: Gotta go
Shasha: I'm in class
Shasha quickly put her phone away as the trainer was getting dangerously close and Shasha was afraid that she might confiscate her phone. The class went on as usual and break time came. They went for break at the cafeteria. Shasha and Ella sat together at a table alone. A few minutes went by and to their surprise, Bryan came and sat with them. BRYAN!
"Can I sit with you two?" asked Bryan and the girls looked at each other but nodded. "I don't have any friends here, for now..."
He kept his stuff and went away to buy food.
"Do cyborgs need to eat?" asked Shasha and Ella shrugged. "You know what? Let's just finish our food and get going before he comes back!"
"What?!?" exclaimed Ella. "That's so mean! Wait, you actually wanna do that?"
"You actually wanna eat with Bryan?" asked Shasha. "The former criminal?"
"On second thought," said Ella. "Yeah let's blow this joint!"
They quickly ate and left the cafeteria, running away as fast as they could. They made a beeline to the school bathroom as fast as they could and started laughing there.
"Oh no what have we done?" said Shasha, while laughing.
"We just ran away," said Ella, also laughing. "I don't know what he's gonna think."
"Let him think whatever he wants pfft," said Shasha. "Oh gosh I sound like a mean person..."
"You are," said Ella. "You just left that poor guy alone..."
"Oh yeah, then you fancy sitting with him during break?" asked Shasha and Ella was speechless. "You agreed too right?"
"Yeah fine," said Ella. "You win..."
They used the toilet and then went back to their class after refilling their water bottles. They sat back at their seats and the trainer came back in. Lei was there too.
"I want all of you to get into your pairs," said Miss Angus. "I want all of you to discuss about the criminal names that I gave you."
Then Bryan raised his hand.
"But I don't have a pair and everyone else has a pair," said Bryan. "Should I do this alone?"
"No you can join the group behind you," said Miss Angus. Shasha and Ella was in total shock. "Shasha and Ella, is that okay?"
"I guess it is..." said Shasha. "But... oh never mind..."
"So I guess there's no problem then," said the trainer. "Go on, discuss about the criminals you got!"
"Oh blow!" whispered Shasha to Ella. "How are we gonna tell him that the criminal that we got is him?"
"I have no idea," said Ella. "You deal with it..."
"Oh why you always gotta make me do the talking?" asked Shasha as Bryan turned his chair around.
"So who's the criminal that your group got assigned to investigate?" asked Bryan. "Anyone famous?"
"Yeah about that..." began Shasha. "I hate to break this to you, but ummm... he's very close to us now..."
"Now who could that be?" asked Bryan while looking around, and then it dawned on him. "It's me isn't it..."
"Yep it is," said Shasha in relief. "You're the criminal that we got..."
"Then it should be easier," said Bryan. "Who could give you better info about me other than me?"
"Good point," said Shasha. "Glad you understood..."
The class went on with them getting info from Bryan. Bryan gave them the info too, without much of a choice. He seemed a little ashamed of himself.
"How many crimes have you even committed?" asked Shasha. "Do you remember?"
"...not really..." was Bryan's reply. "There were too many..."
Shasha and Ella just looked at each other with a weirded out expression.
They class was soon over and they thankfully packed their bags to go home.
"Hey can I have your numbers?" asked Bryan. "So that we can discuss the group project?"
"Uhh sure I guess," said Shasha and gave him her number. Ella gave her number too. He thanked them and ran off to somewhere.
"You wanna walk home with me?" asked Shasha. "It's nearby, and since you said that your father is coming later to pick you. Why don't you ask him to pick you up at your place?"
"Yeah sure," said Ella. "A walk can help me recover from the shock we just had."