ch 12: Sleepless

Elena's POV
_________________________________

I couldn't sleep, I layed in my bed for almost two hours now, still not getting an ounce of sleep.

I heard everyone go to bed about an hour ago.

I decided to search for comfort in one of my brothers or cousins.

After carefully and successfully going across my room without making a sound I poked my head into the hallway.

I checked from room to room to see if anyone awake. Quietly of course.

I had one more room to check.My 19 year old cousn's room. Colton,his twin Alex's room I already checked and he was asleep.

I carefully poked my head inside and saw dim light from a phone.

"Colton?"i whisperd.

"Elena? Why are you awake?"He asked and motioned for me to come inside.

"I can't sleep." I said and sat on his bed.

"You wana go wake Nick up?"

I nodded and he got up, pulling me with him.

We walked over to Nick's room and opend the door.

The lamp on night stand turned on.

"Elena? Colton? Everything okay?" His voice was raspy because we woke him up.

"She cant sleep"Colton answerd.

"She'll stay here, thank Colton, you should go to bed now,I doubt she woke you up."

"Right~ Night." Colton said, kissed my head and left,closing the door behind him.

"Come here."
He took me into his arms and hugged me. His head on top of mine.

"Why couldn't you sleep,hm?"He asked me and kissed my head.

"I was thinking about mom."I sadly said and leaned my head on his shoulder.

"Mom is gonna be fine,and we will deal with dad, ok?"

He was hugging me when something hut me.

"Come" I said and went into the bathroom that was connected to his room.

"Sit on the toilet" I comanded.

"Why?"

"Because I said so, now sit."

He sat down and I got a towel and ran it under cold water. Then I walked over to him and gently pressed it on the bruise on his face.

"Im sorry."i said.

"What are you sorry for Elena?"

"For dad hitting you, he shouldn't have done that."

"Its alright darling, one old man cant stop your big brother"He joked.

After i took care of his bruise,we both got in the bed and he cuddled me to sleep.

_________________________________