ch 97:court pt2

Third person's POV

"The trial of the fate and parenthood of Keith Valentino commences." The judge said in  a deep voice.

They took their seats and waited for the judge to speak.

"Today, 26th of May,2020 marks the date of the hearing for Keith Valentino's lawful guardians." The judge proceeded.

"The court calls Chris Valentino to show his evidence and arguments in favor of becoming the guardian of young mister Valentino."
Chris leaned into the microphone, his lawyer whispering things in his ear.

Chris fixed his tie and said.

"Your Honor, my argument is simple and clear. I'm an adult man with a stable job and home. Keith Valentino is my deceased wife's child, which makes him my step son. I've raised my own children and wish to bring up another one in a loving and safe environment a group of kids such as my opponents couldn't possibly provide." He said.

"Objection!" Nick stood up.
The judge gave him permission to speak.

"Your Honor, what Chris Valentino is telling you is not true. A loving home is not what you'd find in his house. He has hurt his children and nephews and niece multiple times and we have proof! He'd hired a man to hit me with his car very recently, there's proof of that."

"What else has he done?"The judge asked.

"He attacked my 14 year-old sister. He set up a snake to bite my 14 year-old brother and  a lot more."

"Do you have any proof of those attacks?"

"Yes,your honor.My sister has a scar below her rib cage,and my brother has a snake bite mark on his leg. I am still healing,as I was charged from the hospital just few days ago."

"Does anyone have anything to add?"

Silence.

"Well, considering all that we've heard today,the new guardian of Keith Valentino is..."