ch 59:Snakes and parks

Third person's POV

They found themselves in a dark, windowless room. After their eyes adjusted to the dim light, they saw a big map of the city on the wall.

"What the-" Ethan said as they approached the map. There were a lot of pins on it and there was a red string going around each, showing a path.

"This is insane." Whispered Elena. They started to examine it and after a few minutes, they found something.

"It looks like it ends in the park." Said Mason.

"Yeah, but why the park? What's in the park?" Asked Nick

"That's what we need to find out," Said Xander, walking out of the room.

They walked to the park that was not far from the house they were in. A short walk consisted of 10 minutes of normal-pace walking.

Once in the park, nothing looked out of ordinary. It, in fact, looked too normal and too quiet. There were no people walking, no children playing, and no dogs barking.

They followed to the place that was last marked on the map. It was just in front of an old whishing fountain.

They came to the spot, only to find nothing. Everything was normal.

"Split up, it's not randomly pinpointed on the map," said Hayden.

Everyone split up, Nick staying with Elena.

They were looking for any kind of clues to what that map was meant for.

Elena had moved a step away from Nick to look at the bush when something touched her leg, she looked down and saw four snakes, wrapping around her feet.

She let out a blood-curdling scream and looked around for her brother to get her away from the horrible snakes.

"Elena, look at me" Nick called out to her, clearly panicking.
"ok..now, keep looking at me and step aside, ok? Just look at me" He said, his hands stretched out, ready to grab her.

"I wouldn't do that if I was you" Chris' voice was suddenly heard. He came from behind Elena.

"Why not?" Xander asked.

"Because if I let this little smoke bomb fall to the ground, those snakes will have their teeth in her skin in a matter of seconds." he answerd.

Elena gulped, feeling more anxious then she already does. All she wanted was to get away from the snakes, and her brothers and cousins will make sure she does.