ch 42:Its my fault

Elena POV

I was sleeping next to Xander untill few minutes ago.I had a dream in witch the whole accident replayed in my head,it made me realize.It's my fault.

If i hadnt ran too deep in the woods I wouldn't of seen my father.
Then Xander wouldn't have come to save me.
He wouldn't fight my dad.
And he would be FINE.

Its all my fault.The guys probably know that,thats why they left me and Xander alone.He probably wants me to go too.
I got up,and walked over to a tree and sat down in its shadow.The boys are probably so mad and disappointed with me.I really didn't mean for any of it to happen.

I sighed and layed down,with my head on my front paws.Nothing happend for around ten minutes untill Caleb came over to me.

He nudged my side with his muzzle.I looked up at him and his tongue was hanging out, with a grin on his face.He wanted to play.

I turned my head the other way.He was probably trying to make me think he is not mad.

He tried to get my attention few more times so i moved to another tree and layed down there.

Caleb POV

What was that about?

I walked over to were the guys were.We left Elena with Xander and moved aside to talk about what to do next.I sat down next to Hayden.

'Werent you going to play with Elena?'Hayden mind-linked

'She ignored me'I answerd.

'Why would she do that?'Nick asked.

'I dont know...'I answerd.

'Ill go talk to her'Ethan said and got up.

Ethan POV

I walked over to were Elena was resting and layed down next to her.She didnt even look at me.

'Ells.. what's wrong?'I asked

... nothing

'Elena?'

... nothing

'Elena come on...you can tell me'I said.

This time she turned around to look at me.She then got up and ran into my chest and hid there.

'Hey...hey.. what's wrong?'I asked.

'Its my fault...'

'What is,Elena?'

'Its my fault Xander got hurt.If i hadnt ran too deep in the woods I wouldn't of seen dad.
Then Xander wouldn't have come to save me.
He wouldn't fight dad.
And he would be fine.'She said shakly.

'Its not your fault...'I whispered and nuzzled her.

'Nick'I mind linked him

'Hm?'

'She thinks its her fault'I said.

'What?Send her over to me'he said.

'I will'

Elena POV

'Nick wants you to go to him'Ethan mind-linked me.

'Why'

'I dont know..go and find out'He said and pushed me with his nose in Nick's direction.

Once i came closer i sae that he shifted and that he is now human.I shifted as well and broke down.I ran into his arms and he sat with me on the ground.

He stroked my hair and rubbed my back.

"Its not your fault sweetheart..."He whispered in my ear.

"No one could have known he would be here.You couldn't know he was in the woods.Ok?Its not your fault baby sis..."He said and kissed my head.