ch 64:Animal shelter2

^^^^^The shelter^^^^^

Elena's POV(Finally)

I woke up in a cage. There were a lot of dogs in other cages around me. It was loud.
I slowly got up and walked up to the entrance of the cage. I looked around and saw at least 50 dogs of all sizes, shapes, and ages. They all looked so..sad.

I already knew they had brought me to the animal shelter. I also know that this is 'a kill shelter', meaning I need to get out as soon as possible. It won't take them long to figure out I'm a wolf, and then it will be over for me.

I saw a man coming towards a cage next to mine. There was a mother dog and her puppy. It looked no more than a few weeks old.
It was small enough to squeeze through and escape, but it couldn't go without its mother.

The man that had walked up to them, took the mother dog out of the cage, making the poor puppy cry. The man took the mother dog on a journey. The one she won't come back from.

The poor puppy was now scared and alone. I had made eye contact with him and it immediately tried to come towards my cage. It squeezed through and walked up to me. I was a wolf pup, but this puppy was small. Maybe a husky pup.

I layed down, pup following. I curled myself around him, covering him with my tail.

The poor thing was still crying and shaking. I licked his forehead, hoping I'd give him some comfort.

Once the pup was asleep, I decided to try the mind link that I share with my family.

'Guys?' I called out.

...nothing.It is night time, so maybe they are still asleep.I'll need to try again in the morning.

---------------------------------------

Hello guys! I wanted to talk about something.

I mentioned 'kill shelter'.It means that the specific shelter kills dogs and cats if they don't get adopted in a certain amount of time. This does happen in real life. So if you are looking to adopt a pet, please at least give a shelter animal a chance. They deserve love.No one deserves to die alone and sad. Those animals in shelters will give you all the love they have held in for so long.

At least give them a chance.