ch 83:"Someone's not feeling well"

Elena's POV

The last thing I remember is Lucas driving us home, after the encounter with Chris. Now I am being awoken by a small body trying to cuddle into me. I opened my eyes and arms at the same time, allowing Keith to cuddle in.

"What's wrong, pal?"I asked as Keith wrapped his small arm around mine.

"I feel yucky, and my tummy hurts."

"Aw, I'm sorry. How 'bout I take you downstairs to get some water, huh? Your voice seems a little raspy."

He nodded, his little curls bouncing up and down as he did so. I got up and he stood on the bed, waiting for me to pick him up. Once I was securely balancing him on my hip, I walked downstairs.His little arms were around my neck, playing with my hair, and his face in the crook of my neck.

" What are you two doing up so early?"Xander questioned once we walked into the dining room. Him, Nick and Mason were awake, drinking coffee and talking about God knows what.

"Someone isn't feeling well, so we came here for help," I answered.

"You're not feeling well, bud?" Xander asked Keith as he took him from my arms.

"No," Keith mumbled, burying his face into Xander's shirt, grabbing his shirt in his fist.

"You do feel a little warm. Elena, could you fetch me the medicine and a glass of water? The medicine is at the bottom cupboard."

"Ya, sure." I walked into the kitchen, and prepared a glass of water, then took the medicine.
I walked back and put the medicine and water on the table in front of Xander.

"Ok, c'mon bud. One spoon of medicine and you will feel better." Xander said as he took a spoon in his hand and moved it towards Keith's mouth.

Keith wasn't so sure about it for a second, but then he opened his mouth and took the medicine.

"Good job, look at you. Taking it like a big boy." Xander commented as he gave Keith a glass of water to wash down the awful taste.

"You want me to take you to bed?" Xander asked.

"No, I stay with sissy and yous to watch Pokemon" Keith answered and made grabby hands towards me.

I took him from Xander's arms and walked to the living room, boys following. I sat on the couch with Keith cuddled into my left side. Mason took a blanket and covered us both.

Nick took the remote and switched to Netflix, where he soon found Pokemon. He clicked play and we started watching. I only watched half, as I fell back asleep, considering that it was only 7:30 AM.