ch 14: The letter

Elena's POV

________________________________________________________________________________

A startled yelp escaped my lips as I pulled the white curtains tightly against each other and speed-walked downstairs.

Halfway down the staircase,I ran into Alex.

"What happened Lena, He asked taking in my now panting self.

"My dad is outside my window"

Without another word he grabbed my wrist, pulling me behind him as he speed-walked to the living room.

"Lock the doors and shut the windows,now" commanded as we barged into the living room, turning all attention to us.

"What happened?"Ethan came up to me.

"Dad is outside."

Hayden and Mason got up from the couch, leaving the room.

they returned, ten minutes later, informing us that the alarm was on, and all doors and windows there closed and locked.

"There's not much more we can do-" Xander sighed. "We were about to put on a movie, sit down"

45 minutes into the movie there was a knock on the door.

All heads turned towards the hallway that leads to the door.

"You guys stay here," Nick commanded and he and Xander got up, making their way to the door.

Not even a minute later, they were back. I thought they were empty-handed, but the universe just loves proving me wrong. <Lowering my gaze I saw that Xander was holding what looked like an envelope.

Receiving a nod from Nick, Xander opened the envelope and read what was written on a neatly folded piece of paper.

To my dear children,

I do hope you know I am always watching. Even if you can't see me, know, that I can always see you. There is a lot of secrets you have yet to discover, in the meantime better keep an eye on that little sister of yours.

Love dad...♡

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------