ch 72:Its missing?!

Elena's POV

I opened the door of my closet. Something was missing, but I couldn't figure out what.

"Guys! Come here for a second." I called for them. They came in, confused.

"What's up?" Nick asked.

"Does anyone know where mom's engagement ring is?" I asked, panic growing in my voice.

"No... You have mom's engagement ring?" Ethan asked.

"Yes! She gave it to me a few years ago, it got too tight for her! I've been keeping it safe for ages and now it's gone!" I said.

"Relax, we're gonna find it," Mason assured.

We rummaged through my wardrobe for a while and then I pulled out the little box.

"Guys... I found the box but the ring isn't here. And the box is damaged."

I traced my hand over a scratch on the top of the box.

"Could it be claw marks?" Xander asked.

"I don't know, maybe... Do you think Chris took it?" I asked, looking at the box.

"Why would he take it?" Alex asked.

"You know he's crazy, maybe he thought he could use it!" Liam said.

The thought of me losing something important to mom brought tears to my eyes.

Damian who was closest pulled me to him as I let out a sob in his shoulder.

"It's alright, shhh. We'll get it back" He soothed.

"What's this?" Lucas said, pulling out a folded piece of paper from the top of the box. He opened it and read it out loud.

"Elena.
I see you've realized your mother's precious ring is missing. Now, I don't want to say anything incriminating, but let's say that if you want one of the last traces of your parents back, you'll meet me next to the graveyard on Saturday. Come alone."
Chris

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, my lovely angels! Since school is closed I will be more active here. I just wanted to say, PLEASE BE CAREFUL THIS VIRUS IS NOT a joke.it's more dangerous than we thought. Stay safe angels!