Punishment

Hazel's POV

I curl up in the top corner of Master's bed. My bottom burns and stings, but it hurts even more to know I disappointed Master so much that he wanted to spank me as hard as he did.

I curl up in as small as a ball as possible, pulling the blankets over me. The cold headboard feels nice on my behind, but I enjoy the warm blankets around me.

I hiccup quietly, trying to calm myself down. I wrap my arms around myself as tightly as I can and close my eyes. My hiccups and tears calm down a little, so I start sucking my thumb.

I'm not a little, but it helps stop my hiccups.

"Hazel?" Master calls from the doorway. I look up and hiccup again. I try to wipe the tears from my face, but they keep coming.

"Mast— *hiccup* —er." I blush in embarrassment as my upset hiccup interrupts me.

He lifts up his hand and my eyes are drawn down to the small animal there. "Meow." Blue looks over at me as if to beg to be put down.

My bottom lip wavers as I am unable to verbalize my want for Blue. I nod my head more tears building in my frustration. "Blue wanted to come check on you," Master says softly.

The floor creaks under his weight. He looks over me and I shrink back as he sets Blue down.

I timidly put my hands out and she comes over. I pull her into my lap and she lets out a meow in protest, not liking how I'm squishing her to me.

I expect Master to leave me again, but he sits down. "Is it okay if I'm in here with you?" My brows furrow.

I hold Blue closer to my chest and slowly nod. Another hiccup escapes and I hide my face in Blue's fur in embarrassment and shame.

I didn't mean to be a bad girl, I had just wanted to pet Blue. I know I should have listened, but that doesn't make me feel any less shameful or in pain.

I hiccup again and Master leans over to push a strand of hair from my face. "You're okay," Master says calmly, pulling his hand away after he has returned my hair to its place behind my ear.

My tears somehow calm down from his assurance, but I still hiccup in my upset manner.

"Are you mad?" He asks me and I shake my head, shrinking into Blue. "...Are you scared?" I pause and shake my head no again.

I don't think I have to be scared. He punished me rightfully. I don't think he'd lash out at me unjustly.

"You like when I sit with you after punishment?" He asks me and my eyes well up with tears. His face turns soft and he coos quietly to me. "No, no, Doll. It's okay. No tears." I sniffle, trying not to cry anymore.

"I just wanted to know if you wanted me to sit with you or leave you alone," he says and I sniffle, not responding.

I've never had someone offer me company after a punishment, but it is actually very nice. Even though Master isn't holding or petting me, he is comforting me.

Blue meows when I set her down. Master watches me with an intense gaze as I timidly crawl forward towards him. He didn't tell me I could touch him or come cuddle, but I want to see if he'll let me lay my head in his lap. He doesn't have to touch me at all, but I need his warmth and presence for reassurance. I sniffle and hesitantly lay my head down in his lap.

He smiles softly at me in reassurance that I'm okay before he gently runs his fingers through my hair.

Master makes the bed creak as he shifts, placing his other hand behind my back, so that he is leaning over me.