Chapter 4

The Anderson House

As we walked into the plaza, 'we" meaning Jordan, Cam, Dan and I, I still felt kinda weird. Maybe I'm nervous for our school excursion tomorrow, I don't know.

Time passed really fast, and it was the end of the day. I had gotten two detentions already – My record is five in one day, awesome, right? I thought it was, but Lily doesn't.

Anyway, I had just arrived home to see Peter and Julian playing with toys happily.... No, they were sitting on the computers, writing things about aliens invading earth or some shit like that. I walked up behind Peter and looked over his shoulder, to see if I could scare him. Instead, he starts talking to me, or more like rambling.

"Lucy, did you know that there are supernatural animals on earth-"

"No, Peter."

"We'll there are, like, vampires, werewolves and... half-blooded children to-"

"What, Peter? What Go-"

"Yes, Gods, Lucy! apparently they have powers, isn't that awesome?" 

Peter yells. 

Then he starts writing down everything, on half bloods and werewolves, obviously not interested in vampires. I shrug and walk up to my bedroom, and look out the window at the forest. When a pair of yellow eyes caught my gaze, I blinked and then they were gone. I shrugged it off and sat down on the end of my bed, letting my feet dangle over the side. I grabbed a book from my shelf and started to read.

I've read another one like it before, with a girl... but this sounded.. well, younger, and more me....

'Awfully romantic, isn't it?' a girl's voice sounded through my head.

 I drop my book in alarm, and I slowly pick it up.

"Umm, I guess?" I say to myself, looking around the room.

'In your head, stupid!' she hisses. I shake my head and try to get the voice out.

'I'm not going anywhere, stupid.' she mutters.  I continue to shake my head, until I accidentally fall off the bed, hitting my head on the way down.

"Hello?" I ask, looking around and hitting my head a couple of times.

'SURPRISE!' She screams in my head. I let out another squeal as I fall of the bed.. again.

"Who are you?" I ask, placing my book back in the shelf and sitting back down on the bed.

'Well for starters, talk to me in your head.'

"Why?"

'So people don't think you're crazy.' she says in a 'duh' tone...ohh I hadn't thought of that...

"What's yo-"

"Head!"

'Sorry! What's your name?'

'Better, and my name's Lola and I'm your fox, so that means you can shift into me. I don't know much about you and me so I don't know what we are, but I do know is that we're a special type of person and there's others like us.' Lola said. I could mentally see her passing through my mind, thinking.

I laid down in my bed, still talking to Lola, when the other woman's voice in my head said:

'First step complete: find your inner self. Good luck, my daughter.' and with that, I fell asleep.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

I woke up realising I was late, so I changed into my clothes and walked to school, listing to my iPod. When I arrived I found Jordan, Cam and Dan under our tree waiting for me.

Jordan was wearing (on photo) while the other boys where just wearing t-shirts and shorts.... boring.

"Hey Lucy, how are you this fine morning?" Jordan asked, giggling, while Dan tickled her feet and made her squirm under his fingers. 

I laughed along with them until the warning bell sounded, telling everyone that we had five minutes to get to class before we get into trouble.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

"As I was saying, class, any miss-behaving on this excursion, and it will not go unpunished, OK that's it! Chop chop, on the bus!" our teacher yells at us. 

I climbed onto the bus, I sat next to Jordan and Cam, and Dan sat opposite us, talking about football. But that's when everything went quiet: everyone froze, while us four looked around, and then suddenly the bus sped up....