Chapter 15

Bella's Bunk Bed

We followed Bella up the hill and towards a cabin hidden in the depths of the forest. It was surrounded by animals, like some dogs, cats, birds and big cats.

Bella and Electra just walked past them saying 'Hi'..... ok, awkward...

Jordan and I followed them into the cabin; it looked kinda like mine, just with heaps more bunks with some kids on them reading, drawing and shifting between animal forms. We followed Bella to a bunk bed right next to the window, there was paper lining the walls with numbers and words scattered over them, and she sat down at the top of the bottom bunk and gestured for us to sit down. So we did.

We sat there for about two and a half hours, planning everything: the theme was Kings and Queens, so everyone had to dress up as either a king or a queen, and younger ones like Bella were to dress up as princesses and princes.

It was dinner time at about 7:00, and Daniel came around looking for us. Dinner started half an hour ago, we didn't even notice until he pointed it out. Electra nudged my side with her elbow and pointed at him as he walked over to us.

"Now" she whispered in my ear.

"Fine" I grumble. See, we decided that we needed permission to stay up late and have a party, and that meant me needed permission from Daniel or Lord M, and the girls decided that I was going to be the one to ask Daniel, since apparently he likes me more than the others.

"Girls, you realise dinner is nearly over?" Daniel says, raising an eyebrow while leaning against the bed post.

"Really!? I didn't even notice!" I say, fake shock on my face.

"Yeah." He says, smiling at me... Creep.

"Umm, Daniel?" I ask nervously.

"Mmm" he signals in answer.

"Well the girls and I -" Electra elbows me in the hip again.

"I mean I was wondering if I could throw a party to lighten up the mood of the camp."

He thought about it for awhile, and then grinned and nodded but then became serious and looked us all in the eye one at a time.

"But -"

"Here it comes." Jordan whispered.

"I want something in return." Daniel says.

"What?" All four of us girls ask.