Chapter 20

Jared

The room was massive, with a large podium at the far end, along with three men standing and sitting behind them. They all wore black suits with white T-shirts underneath.

The guards brought us forward, pushing us to our knees. There were eleven girls in total, on their knees, including myself. Some were crying, while others glared and spat blood, so the white fluffy carpets were stained. Smart idea!

"They're all here, Sir. The two boys continue to fight." The man who stood in front us said, looking behind him to see if anyone came in.

Three seconds later, two guards came in with one of the boys that was in the cell before. I think it was the one I was with... I looked around from my floor position, to see a girl, maybe twelve years old, nodding towards him while looking me in the eyes. I looked back at him and then to her, in question. She nodded.

"Ahhh, who may this be?" The head guy of the podium said, walking around his desk to look at the boy.

"Jared Lockean, eighteeen years old, werewolf." One of the guards said from behind him.

"Ohhh yay, a werewolf, how wonderful! You see Jared, we don't get many werewolves.... but I guess we got lucky, hey boys?" He said again, smiling at him, while the other men yelled and cheered.

"I wonder why?" Jared says sarcastically.

I giggle, you tell them Jared! But my giggle was probably not the wisest thing to do...

"Ahh, and who may this be?" He said, looking at me. The guy behind me was about to answer but I cut him of before he could speak.

"Thank you, but I think I'm quiet capable of talking." I sass to the guard behind me. He grunts and glares at me.

"Lucy Isabelle Shiver/Anderson, fifteen years old, daughter of Isabella, Goddess of Ice," I say, smiling smugly at the guy standing in front of me, "But if it's not rude, what's your name?"

"Ahh, feisty just like your mother... I encountered her once, actually it was when she left you on the door step... Anyway, my name's Nathan Scouts, I'm forty three years old, and a werewolf hunter/studier, so I hunt the mutts and then experiment on them."

"That's feisty." I shiver. Truly yucky.

"Then why are we here?!" Another girl said rudely.

God, if you want to live, at least have manners - God, what is the world coming to...

I didn't want to watch as one of the men cut her head off. Violent. I looked at the little girl to see silent tears flowing down her cheeks, and I tried giving her a reassuring smile, but I think it came out more as a grimace.

"That's enough chit chat! Take them up to their room! And let them get dressed and cleaned up... ohhh, and explain to them what's gonna happen... unless Jared wishes to tell them?"

"No Sir, I think it may be best for your men to tell them."

"Of course, NOW!"

The man behind me picked me up by the scruff of my neck, which caused me to scream in pain. His hand left immediately, as I felt a warm, gooey substance fall down my neck, hitting the white carpet.

"NO, you weren't meant to hurt her! God, now look at what you've done! Claw marks through her NECK, THE ONE PLACE HE'LL LOOK!" Nathan yelled at him.

Jared was beside me in an instant, trying to stop the blood flow. I placed my hands on his and removed them; he looked questioningly at me.

"You'll see."