When He Wants Your Attention

Photo : from Boku no Hero Academia Manga (Sports Festival Arc)

...

Since this morning, I've been reading the book that Yaoyorozu recommended me and I gotta say, she has great tastes!

She recommended me this fiction book series called (insert your favorite fiction book series here) and since I'm completely new to this series, she gave me the first book which is (insert your favorite fiction book series's first book title).

One chapter after another, I was already indulged with the story that I find time to read it during my free time in U.A. like during lunch and snack time.

But since I got so indulged with the book that there are times where I only communicate in a short time with my friends and even Midoriya.

As for Midoriya's case and his realization of what I was doing for the past few days, he felt kind of bothered about it and wanted to have some time with you in a longer period of time instead of a short one.

So with that on his mind, he will try his best today, which is a Friday evening, to get my attention.

And this is how it went.

"(Y/N)-chan!"

I stopped reading for a few seconds and saw Midoriya coming inside my home with a cute smile on his face.

"Evening, Izuku!", I said and waved at him before my eyes went back to the book, "Make yourself at home like always. My parents aren't here but my mom made you some food at the dining room just for you".

Midoriya nodded but sighed at the same time when he saw me still reading the book but he closed the door gently and walked towards the dining room.

"Thank you very much for the hospitality as always, (Y/N)-chan", Midoriya said and went inside the dining room.

Once he got the food that my mom made which is White Chocolate cookies, he munched on it before he sat on the couch and scooted beside me.

"Oh, still reading the book?", Midoriya questioned and looked at the book.

I nodded with a smile and turned the page over.

"Yeah, it's really good! The moment I finish one chapter over another, it becomes more interesting!", I said with excitement.

Midoriya only nodded in agreement with a sad smile and sighed softly.

"I-I see, haha", Midoriya said and finished eating the White Chocolate cookie, "How long were you reading it?".

Without looking to ponder since my eyes were glued on the book, I replied, "Hmm, if I remember correctly, I've been reading before I went to school, during our breaks, while we rode the train together going home and when I arrived".

"T-T-That long?", Midoriya said and looked at my book, "Does this book infected by a quirk or something? I mean, you've been reading it for so many hours".

I laughed while shaking my head before flipping to the next page.

"No, no, haha. This happen to me during summer vacation when we were still in middle school", I explained while I was scanning through the sentences of the page, "So it's all cool. If this was really infected by a quirk, I would have asked you for help".

"O-Oh, haha. That's true", Midoriya said and looked at me but he sighed once more since my eyes are still glued on the book.

Our small conversation kept growing but Midoriya realized I am still not having eye contact with him most of the time and not only that, he was craving to do the stuff that we usually do like hugging, exchange lovable and warm kisses and cuddles.

That being said, he leaned his head against my shoulder and looked at me with a cute expression.

"(Y/N)-chan-"

"Woah!! This part is soo goood!!"

Midoriya was surprised from my reaction that he had to back away a bit but he find it quite amusing to see this side of myself.

Still, he didn't want to give up on trying to get my attention so he continued.

"(Y/N)-chan~~", Midoriya called out to me in a soft innocent tone.

"Hold on, Izuku! I have to read this part!", I said and smiled to myself as I scanned through the pages.

Midoriya pouted and felt slightly jealous of the book since it's getting all of my attention instead of his.

"But (Y/N)-chan...", he whispered on my ear and hugged my arm, "I want you to pay attention to me...".

My heart skipped a bit when he said that in his innocent voice that I find it so adorable.

"W-Wait, but this part-"

"Please, I've been wanting your attention for the past few days, you know?", Midoriya said and nuzzled his nose against my neck, "I missed your hugs and kisses, (Y/N)-chan".

He gently placed butterfly kisses from my forehead up to my left cheek and his hugging me a bit tight lovingly.

"I-I-Izuku-"

"My angel, please~~"

He didn't stop giving me butterfly kisses on the left side of my face and his cute voice and gestures is making my heart softer each second.

I gulped and tried to resist but I lost it when he wrapped his arms around my waist and whispered soft and quiet "I love you" replies while nuzzling against me.

I sighed realizing what has gotten in to him and what I was doing for the past few days, so I finally looked at him before I closed my book. 

"Okay, Izuku. You win since you're too adorable, haha", I said and smiled at him.

When his eyes finally met mine, he was grinning and surprisingly, he cupped my face so he can kiss my lips over and over.

I giggled at his longing affection and kissed him back by wrapping my arms around his neck while brushing his hair.

"Finally...", he said softly and his cheeks were slowly turning red, "I-I never thought I'll be jealous over a book, how embarrassing. I'm sorry you had to see that".

I laughed and playfully tickled one of his sides in a few seconds which made him tickle me back too in return.

"It's fine, Izuku. Besides, I think I've gone overboard from reading this book", I said and placed the book on the coffee, "So I'm glad that you made me stop for now. I could use a break after all".

"Very true", Midoriya said and completely embraced me while brushing my hair, "At least for now, I can have you all to myself, (Y/N)-chan. Hehe".