-13-

He drives us to his house, I don't know why, but I have my suspicions.

As soon as we walk through his front door he pushes me against it and locks the door with one of his hands, the other one is placed next to my head locking me in place.

'Is this s.supposed to be intimidating?'
'I guess it is.' He laughs as he puts his other hand on the other side of my head.

'What are you doing?' I ask when he just stands there and doesn't talk.
'Oh sweet innocent Teddy,' he only responds.

I want to sink into the ground, I'm getting red and he can see that because a grin appears on his face.
I try to take off my coat as far as that's possible.

'Getting too hot aren't you?'
'I'm going to put that stupid grin off of your face,' I mumble back.
'Oh yeah? How are you going to do that?'

I grab his tie and force his head down, I lay the other hand on his face. I close my eyes and put my lips on his as my face starts burning more and more.

When I want to pull away he starts kissing me back. Wait, this doesn't normally happen. One of his hands he places on the back of my head, making sure I don't slam it against the door, his fingers are going through my hair.

When we pull away I'm totally out of breath.

'I wanted to do that all evening.'
'Really?' I ask trying to catch my breath but still look "cool".
'Your face is as red as a tomato.'
'I don't like tomatoes.'
'Like raw meat sounds weird Teddy.'

'Euhm J.. Josh you can let me go now.'
'Oh yeah sorry.'

He lets me go and takes a step back.
I hang my coat on the coat rack and he does the same.

*

'Teddy get your ass over here!'

I walk upstairs slowly, I wasn't doing much, just texting my mom I would probably stay here tonight.

'Are you going to keep wearing that stupid crown?' 'You don't like it?'
'No, it's just a popularity crown.'
'I rock it though.'

I roll my eyes and look at the pictures hanging on his bedroom wall.

'Don't roll those beautiful eyes at me.'
'B.. beautiful? Where does this compliment come from all of a sudden?'

Out of nowhere, I feel his arms around my waist and his head on my shoulder.

'It's over Teddy,' he whispers in my ear. 'W..what is?'
The deadline passed yesterday, I don't have to kill you anymore.'
'So your dad is after me now? Is this why you're getting so close, to say goodbye?' I state fastly.
'No, Teddy you are off the list, you're save for now.' 'For now?' I repeat.
'Well until you kill someone, we only hunt down vampires who kill people or make the city unsafe and since we know you didn't kill that teacher..'
'Wait you're going after the killer of that horrible man?' I interrupt him.
'Do you know who it is?'

'No, I just have my expectations, anyway what were we doing?'
'You were staring at my wall while I tried to make moves on you,' he states like it's nothing. 'I didn't notice that last point.' 'You did fucker. What are you even looking at?'
'The pictures on your wall.'
'I thought you were counting little dots or something.' I laugh at him.

'I just want to taste your lips,' he whispers. 'W..what? Jee.. that's cringy.' 'Don't act so innocent Ted.'
'I just don't get what you want, if you're messing with me you need to stop,' I mumble a bit annoyed.
'I know I've been messing with your head but let me show you I'm serious this time.'

He turns me around, gently pushes me against the wall next to the spot the photos are and lifts me, I wrap my legs around his waist. We kiss, kiss again as we did before. And things start to get a bit sloppy.

'Fuck!' I yell as I hit my head against the wall. Josh starts laughing at me.
'Of course, that happens to you.'
'Shut up!' I respond rubbing the back of my head. 'Awhhh.' 'Shut up!' 'Make me.'

I keep quiet waiting for the next thing to happen.

And well things happen.
Our clothes end up in a pile on the floor. His fingers are on the edge of my boxers and well... I completely freak out, we're too young for this, we don't know what to do, we aren't even together...

'Josh I'm sorry, but stop,' I said as I pushed him away from me a tiny bit. 'Don't apologize, I understand. Can we at least cuddle?' 'Fine.'

I feel kind of bad and awkward for stopping this, but what if I regretted it later? I would never have forgiven myself. It just isn't the time for this, not yet. I mean it's not like I didn't want to, I just freaked out, I already can't act normally when his face is close to mine, how would I have survived taking the next step?

I end up falling asleep curled up in his arms.

Originally published on: 12/5/20
Rewritten on: 17/4/22